Forget cycling...what other hobbits ...erm...hobbies..do you partake in?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sig SilverPrinter

Used to collect comics [sold a load last year]also records but due to a lack of money and space do neither anymore

I collect postcards and greetings cards but mainly postcards. Of (believe it or not!) bicycles and tricycles but mainly bicycles.

Last count, years ago, it weighed quite a lot. A lot lot. Thousands of the buggers.

I like photography, but don't have as much time as I used to. Used to own 4 cameras of varying ages and specs (including film), now have just my Sony a100 for best and a Canon 3.2m pixel jobbie that goes most places with me.

LLB

Mixed. The SVR is the best. GWR has some nice engines, but it's not very big.

I prefer the Welsh stuff. Find me an old quarry up a mountain any day.

Places like this are fun too-

http://www.ewr.org.uk/

Ah, the baby stuff. I've been around the small scale area at Toddington when my kids were small, but my o/h has no interest in it so I haven't been up there for a few years now. The full scale ex BR stuff boggles the mind though.

http://gallery.gwsr.com/hi-res/Steam/2008 Steam/index.html

Anorak at the ready :blush::blush:

Mr Pig

I used to spend a lot of time and money on Hi-Fi but it's pretty settled now.

People who collect useless inanimate objects, like plates, stamps, etc, are defective in the head. Had a friend who collected military models, he had boxes and boxes of them up his loft. Cost him thousands and just sat in boxes. He even forgot what he had himself so sometimes went out and bought the same model again! What a sad, pathetic waste of time...

Chris James

Über Member
I used to spend a lot of time and money watching Everton, but I think Sky has finally bled any form of competition and enjoyment out of football.

I also have spent a lot of time hillwalking, mountaineering and rock climbing. Not always easy to do with kids in tow.

Oh yes, and drinking beer. That is not so much of a hobby as something i have devoted my life to.

On the train stuff, my grandad used to be a mainline driver for GWR, and his dad before him and his before him.

Willow

Most of my hobbies are theories because since the ex went I can't get out without the children. But the ones I will be taking up again in due course are tennis, singing, football ( take boys when my dads paying and they're not playing!) netball maybe but probably too old now.

Maz

Guru
Willow said:
Most of my hobbies are theories because since the ex went I can't get out without the children. But the ones I will be taking up again in due course are tennis, singing, football ( take boys when my dads paying and they're not playing!) netball maybe but probably too old now.
I feel for you, Willow. It must be tough on you. Any chance you can get a friend to look after your boys one night a week or something?

Top Bottom