Forget cycling...what other hobbits ...erm...hobbies..do you partake in?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I like hillwalking, although haven't done much lately. I seem to do a lot of tinkering with and building bikes. I do quite a bit of music, and teach a couple of kids trombone. Me and the mrs play together as well (she fiddles).

I think my job's more of a vocation than a job, though, so for largish chunks of the year, I'm doing that 24/7, often away from home.

gbb

Legendary Member
My hobbies have vanished since i started this job (8 years ago ;))
Long hours (although not so much now) meant i had to give up golf, squash and R/C nitro trucks. It's still sitting in the cupboard...playing with my concience. One day....

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Crackle said:
I'm currently in a 'interests' trough at the moment. I have the relics of old hobbies around me, photography, rock clmbing and general mountaineering but apart from a few old fogey meets a year, I don't have the time to partake. I could do with some new ones, all suggestions welcome. I probably think I'm going to head down the self-education route, Linguaphones and OU, that kind of stuff.

I thought you'd signed up for some stuff Crackle? What sort of self-education? Literature, Quantum Mechanics, solid state physics, biology, sociology?

Chris James said:
Drinking beer is working well for me at the moment!

I do most of that on the old fogey meets ;)

marinyork said:
I thought you'd signed up for some stuff Crackle? What sort of self-education? Literature, Quantum Mechanics, solid state physics, biology, sociology?

I will, I haven't yet. Small matter of a house to do up first and it will be Sociology. I also want to learn French and German. The former is at a dire level, the latter is not conversational but not more than a few months away from it.

marinyork

Er, Crackle, just double checking but you do know that vast numbers of courses run from Feb onwards most years and that the deadline is well, today infact for many of them? Apps reopen in May for the year after (I think). Fair enough if you're sitting out next year. I'd say doing up a house is several hobbies rolled into one.

marinyork

Was it an expensive collection ;)?

marinyork said:
Er, Crackle, just double checking but you do know that vast numbers of courses run from Feb onwards most years and that the deadline is well, today infact for many of them? Apps reopen in May for the year after (I think). Fair enough if you're sitting out next year. I'd say doing up a house is several hobbies rolled into one.

Yes I know. Back when I posted about it I was working out when I could actually start as there were a few things in the air. One of them came down. One more might still. Life should've dropped back into a routine in March or April of next year, it's the way of things sometimes.

Yes the house is a current big interest. Exciting and daunting. I'm not a tinkerer with stuff like that. I tend to blitz it and then relax. It's a bit frustrating at the moment as builders and Xmas don't mix, so I'm working around the edges getting on with what I can.

Crackle said:
You've got to be the one with your mouth open.
;)

I wondered if you'd pick that up. Yep, thats me!

Fnaar, the chap you picked out has recently become head coach of the club. Of course I can still kick his ar$e!:smile:

Top Bottom