Forget cycling...what other hobbits ...erm...hobbies..do you partake in?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeitup

Veteran
re

Rock and metal guitar (20yrs, still trying to play black star though :tongue: I have a very nice 1988 Jap Squier strat and my favourite axe is a bright orange 1989 Ibanez RG550 that I have had from new!!
Collect and watch chinese kung fu film dvds (200 at present)
5 years of Chinese Southern Kung fu (traditional Lau Gar not the kickboxing syllabus btw) and i still can't fight my way out of a paper bag.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
a bright orange 1989 Ibanez RG550 that I have had from new

those were quite nic eguitars I rememebr...didnt they have bright yellow as well...white and black...? I bought a white one in Germany in '89 and then added a rosewood neck when the maple neck warped in the spanish heat...Ibanez just sent me a complet new neck no questions asked.

mikeitup

Veteran
BigonaBianchi said:
those were quite nic eguitars I rememebr...didnt they have bright yellow as well...white and black...? I bought a white one in Germany in '89 and then added a rosewood neck when the maple neck warped in the spanish heat...Ibanez just sent me a complet new neck no questions asked.

Yes mate they did! I orginally went to the shop to get the yellow but they had none left and would be weeks before they could get one. So I opted for the orange. Best £440 I ever spent:biggrin:

Tarbo

Used to do a lot of walking and climbing before our daughter was born. Now it's cycling and vintage Volkswagens, the really old stuff. Got a 1955 Beetle sitting in my garage just waiting to have the bodywork finished. Then it's the fun of putting it all back togeher. Only thing stopping me is money. May have to sell one of the bikes... :becool:

Played cricket most of my life (at junior and senior levels) and rugby for 25 years.

I play golf, but don't really enjoy it; I'd prefer cycling for four/five hours instead of cursing ruining a good walk! :ohmy:

I still go skiing (alpine and XC) regularly-ish, but travelling is my greatest passion.

On a more tranquil (boring?) note, I enjoy cooking and reading!

:biggrin:

Uncle Phil said:
Spouses do take up an inordinate amount of time, don't they?
They should, if you're doing it properly. :biggrin:

yenrod

After flirting with the girl who was the 'office junior' @ MTB UK - got sent the very first issue which I've still got :blush: along with the rest of them.

I now ride a road bike ;) but dont buy mtb uk any more..

mikeitup

Veteran
Bigtallfatbloke said:
Post a pic then!!

Finally got off my arse and took some pics:

Guitars001.jpg

Guitars2.jpg

Top Bottom