Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
One from Planet X - buy a gift voucher with a minimum value of £30 and get a box of bits & pieces for £4.99 P&P. Add both to the shopping basket and it deducts the £40 nominal cost of the bundle. As this includes one of the Jobsworth cafe locks and a couple of other useful (to me at least) pieces it's not a bad deal. And you've still got a £30 voucher to spend after Christmas when they bring the prices on some things back down to "normal".

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I’ve just purchased a coat online at Mountain Warehouse Poland! The website is in Polish but easy to follow, I paid via PayPal as it is a much more straight forward payment process when you have no understanding of the Polish language. Use code Xmasff3710 at checkout for an extra discount. Total cost was;

Coat zt44.99 Polish
Postage zt24.00 Polish

Total £14.35 Sterling!

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/p...&ranSiteID=hL3Qp0zRBOc-HUsr67_N7kfWf6eWJevgdw

here’s a link to the coat on their UK website.
https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/turbine-mens-padded-softshell-p15841.aspx/black/

‘Edit - Offer expired now.

Last edited:

Sixmile

Veteran
I’ve just purchased a coat online at Mountain Warehouse Poland! The website is in Polish but easy to follow, I paid via PayPal as it is a much more straight forward payment process when you have no understanding of the Polish language. Use code Xmasff3710 at checkout for an extra discount. Total cost was;

Coat zt44.99 Polish
Postage zt24.00 Polish

Total £14.35 Sterling!

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/p...&ranSiteID=hL3Qp0zRBOc-HUsr67_N7kfWf6eWJevgdw

here’s a link to the coat on their UK website.
https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/turbine-mens-padded-softshell-p15841.aspx/black/

View attachment 496907

I'm getting the message "Kupon, który wprowadziłeś jest już niekatywny" when I enter the code Xmasff3710 which I'd imagine is 'Coupon not valid'.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I'm getting the message "Kupon, który wprowadziłeś jest już niekatywny" when I enter the code Xmasff3710 which I'd imagine is 'Coupon not valid'.
That’s a shame, code worked for me earlier today, doesn’t seem to be valid now. With out the code it’ll only cost you about £3 on top of the £14.35.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1576781781707.png

Slick

Guru
Well the PX boots turned up today, not had a chance to test ride them yet as Mrs W wanted to spirit them away for Christmas :cry:(the bribes didn't work) but I did manage to try them on just to 'check the fit' ;).
At first look they seem to be well constructed, no obvious signs of poor quality manufacture (loose threads, etc), everything seems to be as it should be. The main external body of the boot (below the ankle cuff) is made from a synthetic plastic leather type material which is bonded around the bottom edge to the sole, and is also welted across the tongue (although in a different woven material) so hopefully should be pretty waterproof, that is assuming the materials used are water resistant or waterproof. Even the holes for the cleats seem to closed up somewhat; although you can slide the cleat plate fore and aft you have to push them quite hard, so maybe they've put a seal behind or closed the gaps to try to limit any water ingress. Unlike normal shoes you cant get to the cleat plates from the inside as there is no removable insole, it's completely lined with a fleece material.
The sole itself is very stiff, stiffer than my normal shoes so don't expect any problems there!
Just a note on sizing ... my current shoes are Shimano M089 MTB shoes in wide size UK11/EU46, during the summer with a single pair of thin socks on they're fine, but during the winter I ride with 1 or maybe even 2 pairs of merino wool socks as my feet get so cold, even then they're still like blocks of ice after an hour or so. The current shoe fit is a bit on the snug side so I decided to size up to size UK12/EU47 to allow room for the thicker socks and am glad that I did, with just the one pair of Woolie Boolies the fit is fine with just the right amount of room in the toe box, I might even be able to get another pair if needed but hope this won't be the case. Getting the boots on and off is easy due to the elasticated ankle cuff, and the quick lace up system works well, you can get the laces done up tight and the toggle seems to be very secure.
So my advice to anyone thinking of buying these boots is to think about sizing up, especially if your current shoes 'touch where they fit' as they say.
So in summary I'm very pleased with what I've seen so far, just need to get and ride with them. As they say 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating' ... very relevant seeing as it's so close to Christmas!
I gave up on my order today and asked for my money back as they were not going to send them until after the new year. I thought it was a pretty poor show to take my payment in full when they haven't got the stock. Maybe just my suspicious mind but I'm back in the market for winter boots.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I believe Cree offer an LED capable of over 4000 lumens, if driven with a suitable number of amps.
Amazing technology, but I can't imagine needing that bright a light on a bike, even off-road; and certainly not if anywhere near other people.

Top Bottom