Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Discussion in 'Shopping, Services, Offers and Reviews' started by alecstilleyedye, 14 Sep 2008.

Tags:
  1. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

Post any bargains you find here. If you consider it a bargain, that's good enough for us.

I'll kick off with Aldi's 18th September bike clothing.

2. Followed up Cunobelin's advice on this thread about using a 3w Tesco torch as a front light. £10 in my local store + a bracket = magnificent brightness! Mounted with an EL530, which I don't rate very highly...

£12 online - here.

3. balzer69

balzer69 New Member

4. mclarenF1racer

mclarenF1racer New Member

5. mclarenF1racer

that out of stock thing not good, I managed to get 2 today in a store that is local to me in scotland.

6. benno1uk

benno1uk New Member

7. porridge

porridge New Member

8. Rykard

Rykard Veteran

off topic, but Morrisons have energy saver bulbs 5 for 50p.

Grant Fondo likes this.
  9. cadleigh

cadleigh Well-Known Member

Decathlon are selling off last season's replica team kit - CSC, Caisse D'Epargne and AG2R. It varies from store to store what they have in stock, but they're roughly half price.

10. mclarenF1racer

not off topic, just not in the cycle vain. still a bargain.
    thanks

11. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

If anyone (like me) is looking for winter lights...

Shopping last night in Tesco I bought their 3 watt Cree LED aluminium torch for...£12. Looks very similar to me to the Fenix torches (well I hope so anyway). Another fiver on a lockblock and hopefully I'm good to go for my winter commuting.

£12....rude not to.

bc

12. Noodley

Noodley Guest

And they do very good value all day breakfasts :biggrin: Or so I am told :rolleyes:;)

(make sure you ask for black pudding as well...)

13. Good old Tescos! Last Saturday I got a pair of LED 'button' lights - the ones with a bit of elastic attached that you can lace into your helmet, coat or, originally, fix to a bike!(They have a grooved back, profiled for a seat stay etc)
    One red, one white - each powered by two CR 2032 cells.
    They have three modes - I prefer the first which is a sort of 'reverb flash' - like police lights, regular flash and on.
    The white one illuminates everything, particularly the reflective signeage...twice now, I have had the comment "Looks like the Old Bill" :eek: So, not only are these lights seriously bright - they're very 'PC'.
    Price?
    £4 - less than the cost of four button cells.
    Winter draws on - get some in...

gaijintendo likes this.
  14. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

15. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Probikekit are selling bib shorts for £8.99 if you don't mind dark blue. Their stuff is generally pretty good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice