Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Good afternoon,

I am not sure if this is enough of a bargain to qualify but;
https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-endurance-al-e-sport/
View attachment 670757

I keep dithering over an ebike, I currently have a 18 mile each way commute and on Mondays ebikes are a waste of money and on Fridays they seem like a good idea. :smile:

Bye

Ian

You might want to watch Hambini's You Tube video about a Ribble frame that he was sent. The complaint was the frame kept making a creaking noise. It was returned to Ribble twice and they said it was a bottom bracket.

I'll let you watch the video now..... :ohmy:

Smthers

Über Member
Was that the one where the welding on the inside of the bottom bracket shell was somewhat lacking?

Jameshow

Veteran
Ribble are over rated shizenhowzer. I’d rather ride Planet X over Ribble any day.

Od take a cannondale over both those!!🤣🤣🤣🍿🍿🍿

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
I went for a pair at that price. First ride on them today - took a while to get some confidence but did the job nicely. I usually take the train when it gets icy but that's not an option next week!
I fitted the Marathon Winters that I've bought for my wife to my spare wheels; purely in the interest of bedding the spikes in before she is fit/confident enough to get back on her commuting bike. They were alright, a bit noisy, a bit slower than the GravelKing SKs, but no sign of slipping, even on out street which was covered a layer of sparking ice and black ice. My only wariness was riding over metalwork on the road surface (drain covers etc)

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
I fitted the Marathon Winters that I've bought for my wife to my spare wheels; purely in the interest of bedding the spikes in before she is fit/confident enough to get back on her commuting bike. They were alright, a bit noisy, a bit slower than the GravelKing SKs, but no sign of slipping, even on out street which was covered a layer of sparking ice and black ice. My only wariness was riding over metalwork on the road surface (drain covers etc)

Wish I had bought some now, aborted the commute today am now holed up in the garden office with a hot waterbottle

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Planet X Kaffenback steel frame do it all commuter bike for £599.
Mudguard & rear pannier mounts.
Fits up to 40mm tyres so could handle gravel tyres too.
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXKBAPEX1/planet-x-kaffenback-sram-apex-1-bike
A9F7A41D-E68C-4102-8E5C-17F7463CDBC2.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom