Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Just adding, some additional bargains at CRC/Wiggle. Picked up 4x various SRAM/Shimano 8 and 10 speed cassettes for 15 to 17 each, and a chain ring for £8.

I got a pair of £160 Fizik shoes for £30 ISH a SRAM cassette for £10 and a helmet for £5 fingers crossed the helmet and shoes fit. 🤞

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Screenshot_20240227_212726.jpg

Velopac outlet shop have some bargains at the moment including the slight seconds above https://www.velopac.cc/product-category/outlet/

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)

13 rider

Guru
@BrumJim for just everyday riding 88mm rim depth at the rear will give you issues with inner tube valves ,extenders needed ,and riding 56mm front and 88mm rear will be twitchy in any crosswind , if absolute speed is not a requirement they seem a bit off piste even if they are a bargain

BrumJim

@BrumJim for just everyday riding 88mm rim depth at the rear will give you issues with inner tube valves ,extenders needed ,and riding 56mm front and 88mm rear will be twitchy in any crosswind , if absolute speed is not a requirement they seem a bit off piste even if they are a bargain

I know.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@BrumJim - they're quite heavy. Unless you, or he, is planning on time-trialling then I'd suggest no. Also, it's for disc brakes only, so they'll be sat on a shelf.

Nice bling, but they'll live in a box imo. You'd be better finding him a decent quick-release carbon wheelset and they pop up on sale regularly (I've a new set in a box I bought for £250).

BrumJim

@BrumJim - they're quite heavy. Unless you, or he, is planning on time-trialling then I'd suggest no. Also, it's for disc brakes only, so they'll be sat on a shelf.

Nice bling, but they'll live in a box imo. You'd be better finding him a decent quick-release carbon wheelset and they pop up on sale regularly (I've a new set in a box I bought for £250).

Moment of madness. Thanks for all your help; I'm sorted now. Still tempted by the headset bearing at 99p, even though I don't need it. But that is a lot less money to waste on a bargain.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Need some therapy here. Tempted to get the Carbon TT Wheelset despite the fact that I don't take part in TTs (or Triathlons), don't have a TT bike, and aren't suitable for my son, who has drop-outs. However £1100 down to £399 looks like a bargain I should miss.
FTFY
You'd save more than you spend!
Look out your local club. They'll have time trials on their fixture sheet and you could step up to the mark. Imagine riding a TT without deep section wheels!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@BrumJim
FTFY
You'd save more than you spend!
Look out your local club. They'll have time trials on their fixture sheet and you could step up to the mark. Imagine riding a TT without deep section wheels!

Erm ... that's the new 'road' category that CTT has introduced here in the UK. It's been surprisingly popular. 60mm wheels are the limit.

Top Bottom