Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, Wiggle have a sale on ,I picked up a new Jersey, good dhb one

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I was looking at the cycling kit in Tesco in Bradley Stoke this lunchtime, as I need some new inner tubes (none in stock).

There was a Muc-Off wheel cleaning brush for 4 pence, according to the shelf label.

Yes, 4 pence.

I took it to the checkout and it did indeed ring up for 4 pence, so I bought it. Rude not to.

Sorry it was the last one on the shelf otherwise I'd have bought more !

I don't know whether other large Tesco stores might have them, though.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I took it to the checkout and it did indeed ring up for 4 pence, so I bought it. Rude not to.

You were a little unlucky there, my local Tesco often has tempting things in the reduced section, last week I got some chilli infused olive oil, reduced from £2.49 to £1.24, however when I got to the till it went through at 62p ^_^ so I went back & bought the remaining 3 bottles :laugh: Similar thing with some passion fruit juice cartons, they went through the till at half the reduced price, so I reckon your brush would have been 2p in my local :laugh:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
You were a little unlucky there, my local Tesco often has tempting things in the reduced section, last week I got some chilli infused olive oil, reduced from £2.49 to £1.24, however when I got to the till it went through at 62p ^_^ so I went back & bought the remaining 3 bottles :laugh: Similar thing with some passion fruit juice cartons, they went through the till at half the reduced price, so I reckon your brush would have been 2p in my local :laugh:

I've clearly been robbed but I guess they need the cash to shore up their loss-making !

Pah, that's nowt. My local sainsburys computer used to do bizarre things when combining reductions for stuff that was on sell by date with 3 for 2s or whatever. At least once the till told me it owed me money to take the shopping away. I took up the friendly staff's suggestion to go get a couple of bottles of wine to put the balance back into positive figures.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Don't know if these are any good, but Planet X have wireless cycle computers at £5 each (plus £4 P&P for orders under £50)

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CTEWE13WCC/echowell-eon-13w-wireless-cycle-computer

Robeh

B'TWIN Alur 700 Road Bike...This is real bargain....

Free online delivery, Shimano 105 groupset and a triple butted UCI approved frame at an incredible price. Innovative Shimano 105 direct mount brakes, carbon forks and fully ESR ready for future upgrades. Lifetime warranty frame. Designed for intensive training, racing and endurance cycling. End of season sale to make way for new Shimano 105 11s groupset version arriving in the spring of 2015.

£599 Down From £749

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/alur-700-road-bike-id_8290145.html

adamhearn

Veteran
Shimano 105 direct mount brakes
OT, why on earth would mounting a brake caliper under the chainstays be a good plan; surely a place where it's most likely to get gummed up with crap from the road! The front looks neat enough though I don't really buy into the necessity for them now that discs are here :smile:

Robeh

OT, why on earth would mounting a brake caliper under the chainstays be a good plan; surely a place where it's most likely to get gummed up with crap from the road! The front looks neat enough though I don't really buy into the necessity for them now that discs are here :smile:
i quite like the brake position and is becoming more common on higher spec bikes..as for it getting bunged up cleaning it wouldnt be a problem TBH :okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom