Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Fair to assume it's pretty much the same as GT85?
I'm not to sure about that.
From what I've read it depends on what you want, there is a trade off between protecting the chain and gears and performance. Lighter lubes do better for performance and the heavier lubes do better for wear and tear.

I clean down my chain with something like WD-40 (which is a solvent) and an old towel then lube it with a silicon spray for racing. My work bike gets oiled out of a can of castrol gtx or whatever is around and then topped up with GT85 or may be this stuff, I've not used it before. I posted it for others who do use it and want it cheap.

Also at Halfords, 3 for 2 on hydration tablets and powers.

So, 3 tubes of High5 Zero for just £6.96 (less another 69p if you're a BC member) :okay:

And even better, the offer includes SiS Go Hydro Cola + Caffeine, reduced from £6.99 to £3.95 a tube, or 3 tubes for just £7.90 (less another 10% for BC members)

Despite showing as available, these and the Muc-off spray gives the message "Unfortunately we have not been able to reserve the items you requested" on any of the local stores I tried

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Despite showing as available, these and the Muc-off spray gives the message "Unfortunately we have not been able to reserve the items you requested" on any of the local stores I tried

Yip, I'm getting the same message with all my local stores too.

That happens at Halfords sometimes - either as they've genuinely got no stock at those stores, or if there is a lot of demand it will say out of stock, but then later it will allow the order (they did this when those Sigma cycle computers appeared on their website for a fiver). Worth trying again in an hour or two?

Sixmile

Veteran
That happens at Halfords sometimes - either as they've genuinely got no stock at those stores, or if there is a lot of demand it will say out of stock, but then later it will allow the order (they did this when those Sigma cycle computers appeared on their website for a fiver). Worth trying again in an hour or two?

Tried again there, order complete!

Thanks!

Thanks. Tried again now and it went through

Adam4868

Guru
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom