Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
image.jpeg
It really hacks me off when they do not show you the bottom of the shoe.
There you go;
https://www.bike24.com/p298050.html

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Lighweight at 350 grams
350g for a 10 litre drybag and straps doesn't seem particularly lightweight. My 13 litre Alpkit Airlok Xtra drybag and two QR straps is 150g and even my 12½ litre three-strap canvas saddlebag that I regard as tough, old-fashioned and capable of carrying the kitchen sink is only 400g. So that seatpack must be either heavier material or have some serious reinforcement that I'm not noticing from the photos.

PS @Moderators - should this review discussion be split elsewhere?

No idea if there's anything interesting to be had but for one day Planet X are offering free shipping on orders over £25 which is quite an offer for them as the threshold is normally £100 these days.

Sixmile

Veteran
No idea if there's anything interesting to be had but for one day Planet X are offering free shipping on orders over £25 which is quite an offer for them as the threshold is normally £100 these days.

I had a look and can confirm that there isn't. Their free delivery was £50 when I last bought from them but even today, still a long way off CRC's £9 minimum spend.

yes, the problem with Planet X, despite their many positives, is that they don't sell a lot of bread and butter stuff, Shimano parts etc, at good prices, so it can be damn hard to buy enough stuff to hit their free postage threshold. I used to manage it when it was £50, can't see me ever doing it at £100 - so you just have to buy enough to offset the charge.

Leaway2

Lycrist
350g for a 10 litre drybag and straps doesn't seem particularly lightweight. My 13 litre Alpkit Airlok Xtra drybag and two QR straps is 150g and even my 12½ litre three-strap canvas saddlebag that I regard as tough, old-fashioned and capable of carrying the kitchen sink is only 400g. So that seatpack must be either heavier material or have some serious reinforcement that I'm not noticing from the photos.

PS @Moderators - should this review discussion be split elsewhere?
My bag arrived this morning. At first glance it looks OK quality wise. I am at work and I will be out over the weekend so wont be able to do much with it at the moment.

Top Bottom