Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I’ve had two of these bottles, zip went on both of them. I use a hard case bottle now
Interesting. To be honest, I was emphasising the price and postage to give people some perspective on their PX bottle postage disappointment. I know you'd normally spend more if delivery was high, but it still represents reasonable value. I suspect people wanted something cheap, rather than a bottle bag.
I even have the plastic variant, like you, but never use it.
Overpriced even at £6.99. looks like a generic product with some (internal) branding.
Indeed, PX were selling 3 for 4p less including delivery...

Clement LCV folding clincher, £19.99 for tan/black 28mm postage free.
Quality lightweight tyre, 240tpi.

Fat/tan/grippy/light, all the things I have been looking for at a great price

Just pulled the trigger on a couple of those.

I’ve had a tan-tyre itch that needed scratching for a while.

Thanks for the link.

Graham

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

jessand

Veteran
Rubino Pro folders at £10 must be good. These are not Rubino Pro 111 which were discontinued a while ago and which are the ones most reviewed and used in the rolling resistance tests. I used Pro 111s for years and loved them but ordered the 'Pro' version thinking they were the same and found they were very different out of the box. The Pro version had a different feel and appearance (although the file tread was the same) and weighed 40g more than my Pro 111s - so I sent them back.

Sixmile

Veteran
61f-szKO3OL._SY450_.jpg

RRP £70 now £25
M and XL available

http://www.davekanecycles.com/product/funkier_cyclone_waterpfoof_jacket_red/5529/

santini-balthus-windbreaker-lightweight-jacket_CAS1662Z.jpg

£30 for Santini Windbreaker
S - XL available

Last edited:
Rubino Pro folders at £10 must be good. These are not Rubino Pro 111 which were discontinued a while ago and which are the ones most reviewed and used in the rolling resistance tests. I used Pro 111s for years and loved them but ordered the 'Pro' version thinking they were the same and found they were very different out of the box. The Pro version had a different feel and appearance (although the file tread was the same) and weighed 40g more than my Pro 111s - so I sent them back.
Their tyre branding is definitely a mess but is it always possible that they are still good/ride well? And you get more rubber included. Extreme weight concern always amuses me - hell am sat here snacking on a small bar that weiighs 42g. Purcasing disaster, i really wanted the 33g one.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Got an email from SIS for 12 free gels using a code, £4 delivery or free if you spend a tenner. May work for others too https://www.scienceinsport.com/energy-gel-bundle-1605 & use code PTHRAC :okay:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Never used Vitoria tyres before but I'm pretty sure the box said pro111 on the two that turned up the other day. Did I do well there ?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Never used Vitoria tyres before but I'm pretty sure the box said pro111 on the two that turned up the other day. Did I do well there ?
Mine arrived yesterday, also saying Rubino Pro III on the box, and with the part number (111.365.21.25.111BX) that matches the product reviewed by "bicyclerollingresistance.com" (link).

There is a newer version of the Rubino Pro, but these ones seem a bargain at £10 a go, and are still available from Wiggle in 700x23 and 700x25.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-rubino-pro-folding-clincher-tyre/

EDIT to add : They go on easily too. Thumbs only, no pain :-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom