Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smthers

Über Member
The Challenge Open Paris-Roubaix tyres arrived today, and my god are they a mare to fit. Almost gave up, but after finding a few hints & tips online I managed to get them on my rims. Apparently if you leave then inflated for a few days they do stretch and are much easier to mount.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The Challenge Open Paris-Roubaix tyres arrived today, and my god are they a mare to fit. Almost gave up, but after finding a few hints & tips online I managed to get them on my rims. Apparently if you leave then inflated for a few days they do stretch and are much easier to mount.
Maybe they'll loosen up after a few rounds of Paris-Roubaix :smile:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Just gone back to their website to look for a ladies size 16 (upon @vickster advice) and delivery was now available for the men's? Size L ordered with free delivery too .. Result!
Should have gone via Quidco though!:smile:
My Proviz jacket was delivered yesterday, I’m delighted, really good fit and excellent quality.
Thank you @Milkfloat for the heads up on a real bargain.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
23C49C27-A5FD-466A-918C-499E663A7EEF.jpeg
Start fitness have Scott Speedster SE, full Ultegra reduced from £1399 to £799. Only size Medium (54cm) available.
Lots of heavily discounted cycle clothing (especially ladies) if you browse their sale section.
https://www.startfitness.co.uk/brow...r-se-ultegra-mens-road-bike-black-251391.html

Last edited:

Sixmile

Veteran
Ditto - many thanks - should be great for after-dark commuting duties. :okay:

I was just thinking, is it a purely after-dark jacket as the grey colour in daylight is the furthest thing from hi-vis surely?

I'm not interested in a battle of opinions between hi-vis and ninja black and whether or not that makes a difference, but surely the folk that buy this are concerned with maximum visibility.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I was just thinking, is it a purely after-dark jacket as the grey colour in daylight is the furthest thing from hi-vis surely?

I'm not interested in a battle of opinions between hi-vis and ninja black and whether or not that makes a difference, but surely the folk that buy this are concerned with maximum visibility.

It is quite a bright silver colour in daytime. Not ideal in fog but pretty visible in other conditions.

Top Bottom