Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Grabbed a pair of these right now. I am just back from having the local opthalmologist plucking a tiny shard of rusty steel from my eye.

Can anyone recommend a place for buying prescription cycling glasses?

Boots Opticians - in addition to the Oakley's and the like on display, they also have a range of sports spectacles that are available with prescription - just ask at the counter as for some reason they're not out on display...

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Grabbed a pair of these right now. I am just back from having the local opthalmologist plucking a tiny shard of rusty steel from my eye.

Voltx do safety eyewear suitable for cycling. I've used them a few years and at less than £15 for the readers not too expensive.
https://www.voltxsafety.com/

Boots Opticians - in addition to the Oakley's and the like on display, they also have a range of sports spectacles that are available with prescription - just ask at the counter as for some reason they're not out on display...
I tried them and it was like bashing my head against a brick wall
Looking for someone else

They were going to get some in for me to look at but it never happened

stalagmike

Enormous member
That's a shame, they were absolutely spot on with me - got 3 different frames in for me to try within a couple of days and really helpful throughout. Sensibly priced too.

I am sure someone posted on here not that long ago about some sports glasses available via Amazon for a £15 that come with an insert that you can take to your optician to get prescription lenses put into. I can't find the link now.

vickster

Legendary Member

Some people are fans of Optilabs. I thought their frames for direct glaze were fugly and not that cheap (the ones with inserts are just weird and fugly). I ended up with a pair of admittedly costly Oakleys from RXsport. They do lots of other brands too (direct glazed)

Adam4868

Guru
I use Sunwise Austin with an insert. Shop around for the best price. I sent the insert away to Ciliary Blue who glazed it using my prescription for £15
Are cilary blue still going ? Ive had quite a few pairs of glasses glazed by then in years gone by,i seem to remember something about them going bigger maybe bought out ?

Sixmile

Veteran
Sealskinz Waterproof Fleece Gloves
RRP £25
Size Large - £13.50 (potentially £12.15 with BC)
Free Delivery

331389?w=637&h=403.jpg

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/cy...alskinz-stretch-fleece-nano-waterproof-gloves

Top Bottom