Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I ordered this Lezyne light from on Sunday from below - it arrived today and for £55 with an external battery back included it is the dogs danglies, the light alone is usually that without additional power pack ,don't forget the 10% off code.:-
https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-accessories/lezyne-power-drive-1100i-loaded-front-light/11509389.html?utm_source=ecrm-dispatch-confirmation&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ecrm-dispatch-confirmation&affil=thgemail&shae=igSNuR8oU4qMU0lU65JLlSFcAPPMJMx+Q8MbEHLfSuI=&sendTime=1538914142&ecrmcid=k81RVPp7Bz4ErolMGAnvoyx9YAg5LDG2

And they've sorted the rubbish charging port on the previous ones!
I do love Lezyne lights

My concern would be the, mounting strap, it's it fixed? Is it replaceable.
I have a couple of sets of macro /micro drive front /rear. They have seperate replaceable straps.

Steve T

Veteran
The mounting strap is a fairly substantial rubber/plastic job but I must admit fairly short I have it on the last notch- there is an additional bracket but I cant work out how it fits TBH.

GJT

Über Member
I hate it when something is reduced after just being purchased! At least they were very good and refunded the difference.
Was tempted to get one, but some of the reviews put me off, saying the light was a bit yellow and not as bright as claimed.
I need something to see the potholes on my 6am commute. Been using my Solarstorm, but having to charge it everyday now.
I'd seen on another forum a couple of people saying how good the below was at £50. Might wait until they have a 10% offer and use my BC card to get another 10% off.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-lights/bike-lights/bikehut-1600-lumen-front-bike-light

vickster

Legendary Member
I hate it when something is reduced after just being purchased! At least they were very good and refunded the difference.
Was tempted to get one, but some of the reviews put me off, saying the light was a bit yellow and not as bright as claimed.
I need something to see the potholes on my 6am commute. Been using my Solarstorm, but having to charge it everyday now.
I'd seen on another forum a couple of people saying how good the below was at £50. Might wait until they have a 10% offer and use my BC card to get another 10% off.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-lights/bike-lights/bikehut-1600-lumen-front-bike-light
The terms of the Halfords BC discount have changed and officially no longer valid with any other promotion/discount (some staff of course may not be completely up to speed with the change)

• Discount is supplied to British Cycling members with a valid British Cycling Membership card and discount voucher.
• 10% off is valid on any cycling-related purchase, excludes gift vouchers and Halfords Autocentres.
• May not be used in conjunction with any other voucher.
• Discount cannot be used in conjunction with other instore promotions.
• Discount not applicable on sale items.
• Discount can only be used once per transaction but may be used as many times during the month.
• Discount is not redeemable for cash.
• Exclusive to British Cycling Members.
• Discount is not redeemable online.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The terms of the Halfords BC discount have changed and officially no longer valid with any other promotion/discount (some staff of course may not be completely up to speed with the change)

• Discount is supplied to British Cycling members with a valid British Cycling Membership card and discount voucher.
• 10% off is valid on any cycling-related purchase, excludes gift vouchers and Halfords Autocentres.
• May not be used in conjunction with any other voucher.
• Discount cannot be used in conjunction with other instore promotions.
• Discount not applicable on sale items.
• Discount can only be used once per transaction but may be used as many times during the month.
• Discount is not redeemable for cash.
• Exclusive to British Cycling Members.
• Discount is not redeemable online.
- so not much use then, as it seems it can only be used on full price items? Or am I misunderstanding this?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
- so not much use then, as it seems it can only be used on full price items? Or am I misunderstanding this?

TBF it's always been the case that it didn't apply to other offers, 3 for 2 etc but they have always honoured it. If they stick to these terms then it's just not worth it as most stuff can be had cheaper. They do occasionally do a price match on certain items .

vickster

Legendary Member
TBF it's always been the case that it didn't apply to other offers, 3 for 2 etc but they have always honoured it. If they stick to these terms then it's just not worth it as most stuff can be had cheaper. They do occasionally do a price match on certain items .
They’ll price match in store too. I’ve certainly got 10% off click and collect as the store staff don’t know what you’ve bought at what price vs rrp :okay:

Steve T

Veteran
I ordered one last night at £55, after seeing this I contacted them and they will refund the difference to match £48.

Bargain.
That's a bit galling particularily as I recommended it to everyone, but they've now stopped the 10% discount anyway, sometimes you do wonder about companies pricing policies. It is still a bargain light IMHO

Sixmile

Veteran

Yes, that's what the terms and conditions say. From my experience, it all depends on the branch and staff on at that given time. Since the terms and conditions have been updated, I've yet to experience any difficulty in getting additional discount off already discounted items at my local branch. In fact, my experiences with Halfords in the last 6 months or so have all been really positive, and I've snared some real cracking bargains.

Top Bottom