Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
This may be the wrong place to ask but:

- Are these just for racing bikes? Is it dumb for a commuter?

- Are these easy to remove if you sell your bike eventually?

- Are they a theft deterrent? (I would use a scarier name; Knuckles McGurk)

- Flag aside, will people judge you? (e.g. insinuating to have a competitive streak, then race you?)

- They ask you to specify a flag... Can they use any emoji?

I've got these on all my bikes and have a stash in a cupboard for n+1 moments :laugh: Clearly therefore I'm slightly biased but IMO:

- Not just for racing bikes, I've got them on both commuters

- Easy to remove

- I doubt they're a theft deterrent

- I suspect I'm judged many times daily but who cares, you only live once :laugh:

- I think on the web page it has to be a flag but call and ask them - I'm sure they can customise them further :okay:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Got one of the 1600 lumen lights, first impressions are ok, to be honest though it doesn't seem much if any brighter than my Izone arc 850 lumen light. The flood is a bit wider and I would hope the batteries will last substantially longer. Not sure the rubber mount will be all that secure on an off road ride so will probably use the combined Garmin mount on the mtb. Will try it in anger in the next few days.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
84F27079-3C45-4A82-90CD-E21E5E871A1C.jpeg
This may be the wrong place to ask but:

- Are these just for racing bikes? Is it dumb for a commuter?

- Are these easy to remove if you sell your bike eventually?

- Are they a theft deterrent? (I would use a scarier name; Knuckles McGurk)

- Flag aside, will people judge you? (e.g. insinuating to have a competitive streak, then race you?)

- They ask you to specify a flag... Can they use any emoji?
It looks as though you can use any image, club logo, custom logo instead of the flag at no extra cost.

Mike_P

Guru
Got one of the 1600 lumen lights, first impressions are ok, to be honest though it doesn't seem much if any brighter than my Izone arc 850 lumen light. The flood is a bit wider and I would hope the batteries will last substantially longer. Not sure the rubber mount will be all that secure on an off road ride so will probably use the combined Garmin mount on the mtb. Will try it in anger in the next few days.
One issue I spotted with the combined mount arrangement is that the light is upside down so the buttons and battery level display are not readily viewable - having a play with some go pro bits to see if I can attach it mounted the right way up.

Slick

Guru
I hate it when something is reduced after just being purchased! At least they were very good and refunded the difference.
Was tempted to get one, but some of the reviews put me off, saying the light was a bit yellow and not as bright as claimed.
I need something to see the potholes on my 6am commute. Been using my Solarstorm, but having to charge it everyday now.
I'd seen on another forum a couple of people saying how good the below was at £50. Might wait until they have a 10% offer and use my BC card to get another 10% off.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-lights/bike-lights/bikehut-1600-lumen-front-bike-light
I picked mine up today, thanks for the link.

Reactions: GJT

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
772D0A10-8878-406B-A4A0-8876249D6AC5.jpeg
This Carbon Framed Ultegra specced Scott Addict is reduced from £2699 to £1349 (use code GREY). You also get a free jacket worth £170 for orders over a grand. Only size 54cm available. Extra 1% off via Quidco too.
https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-addict-10-disc-road-bike-2018-p329177

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Last edited:
Top Bottom