Fountain pen usage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
I use fountain pens and dip pens for ink drawing.

The standard what most use is the Lamy Safari, which is a very good pen.

But the real sleeper bargains for those in the know for drawing are the Chinese fountain pens which can be picked up on fleabay for around £6 delivered. I've quite a collection and as they are cheap I don't worry about abusing them with my style of drawing.

Models I use are the Jinhao X750 and Baoer brand.

I have an old battered 51 which I use - although only once last year:blush:

Thanks for the reminder as the lack of use means it needs a service.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
One of the joys of using a fountain pen is swapping one's ink colour every year or so.

I've just moved from Apple Green to Chocolate Brown. :smile:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I use fountain pens and dip pens for ink drawing.

The standard what most use is the Lamy Safari, which is a very good pen.

But the real sleeper bargains for those in the know for drawing are the Chinese fountain pens which can be picked up on fleabay for around £6 delivered. I've quite a collection and as they are cheap I don't worry about abusing them with my style of drawing.

Models I use are the Jinhao X750 and Baoer brand.

I am a huge fan of the Jinhao's - also settling on the X750 - a couple of minutes 'tuning' the nib and you get a very accomplished pen, I think I paid about £3.50 each :smile: I much prefer them to my many other pens, including ones 20 times the cost.

IMG_E2768.JPG

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It seems apt to resurrect an old thread to report that the Parker 51 is to be produced again.
Don't suppose many of the original posters are still here, a quick look through showed lots of names I haven't seen for ages, but some are.

Anyway, available to pre-order from Cult Pens (and possibly other places too but I haven't checked).

https://www.cultpens.com/c/q/brands/parker/parker-51
oooo and my Birthday's coming-up....

Top Bottom