FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Cardiff to Swansea 12th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Fraid so....

Is that like my Dieppe ASBO?

Seeing as I'm cycling to Cardiff (not sure why now, but it seemed like a good idea at the time) there is a train ticket going spare for Friday, assuming someone gets the OK from Dell that they can tag along. Departs Paddington 21:15 and includes a bike reservation. PM me if you're interested.

You'll have to make your own way from Swansea though, as I'm not cycling back!

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
My train gets in to Cardiff at 1722 & I shall head for the Chaoter Arts Centre, Market Rd Cardiff, CF5 1QE for some food, beer & relaxation. Anyone else there that early? Or has a better suggestion?! Greg & I wasted time there very well last year but it looks as though he is not with us this time round.:sad:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'll be going to the Pizza Express when I get into Cardiff, which should be 8.30-9.00 ish. Will be needing carbs and the Chapter stops serving food at nine.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Yes TMN StuAff's right that you'll get in too late for the Chapter (apologies for the typo in first post)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Boo! I didn't much like the Pizza Express.
Lot of other restaurants in Cardiff. Just avoid that weird looking multinational menu place just along from the P.E.....

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Shorts and short sleeves, I reckon. I've been too hot at night with all the windows open lately. Woohoo! I'm going for one layer - I carry a windproof in a bottle cage anyway so I can afford to risk being slightly under-dressed. I don't think you'll use arm warmers but I suppose it can't hurt to carry a pair.

I'm going to be bold and go for short sleeve and shorts... but plan B involves arm warmers, leg warmers and long sleeve jersey in the saddle bag as I don't quite trust this "summer" malarkey.

GC, you will be missed.

martint235

Dog on a bike
:thumbsup: It's July, it's forecast to be 30C tomorrow and yet people still talk of arm warmers!!! The marketing men have done a good job!!

Have a good ride everyone. This one remains on my list.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm going to be bold and go for short sleeve and shorts... but plan B involves arm warmers, leg warmers and long sleeve jersey in the saddle bag as I don't quite trust this "summer" malarkey.

GC, you will be missed.
Why, were you planning to throw something at me?

Top Bottom