FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Cardiff to Swansea 12th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:thumbsup: It's July, it's forecast to be 30C tomorrow and yet people still talk of arm warmers!!! The marketing men have done a good job!!

It won't be 30C at 3am.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Some significant delays at the moment due to signal problem at Swindon. Gordon is caught up in it. Hopefully they'll get it sorted but keep an ear out for news. Follow @FGW on Twitter for updates.

:sad:

Some significant delays at the moment due to signal problem at Swindon. Gordon is caught up in it. Hopefully they'll get it sorted but keep an ear out for news. Follow @FGW on Twitter for updates.

:sad:

Thanks TC. I'm going to be on what I believe is the latest-possible train (leaving Paddington 21.15) so hope you don't all set off without me! :sad:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
It's a fire-damaged signalling cable, apparently, so currently delays are pretty severe but they claim to be working furiously to get it fixed. I'll keep an eye on it and post updates.

BO-63mpCUAEPu48.jpg

swansonj

Guru
Conflicting messages on the Network Rail website On the one hand it says no trains at all between Reading and Bristol Parkway, on the other hand the live departures show the Cardiff departures on time.

Edit: I'm supposed to be on the 2015

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Network Rail have just reported signalling restored and lines open.

Wobblers

Euthermic
:thumbsup: It's July, it's forecast to be 30C tomorrow and yet people still talk of arm warmers!!! The marketing men have done a good job!!

Have a good ride everyone. This one remains on my list.

Not all of us possess your talent of producing hot air in epic quantities. :rolleyes:

Short sleeve jersey with arm warmers and shorts for me I think. Since my feet have a tendency to get cold, so knee warmers seem a sensible precaution. I'll carry a spare merino midlayer just in case in that saddle bag affair of mine that TC complains about being too large...

martint235

Dog on a bike
Not all of us possess your talent of producing hot air in epic quantities. :rolleyes:

Short sleeve jersey with arm warmers and shorts for me I think. Since my feet have a tendency to get cold, so knee warmers seem a sensible precaution. I'll carry a spare merino midlayer just in case in that saddle bag affair of mine that TC complains about being too large...
You can produce more hot air than the house of Commons so you should be ok

theclaud

Openly Marxist

Midlayer! This is July on the Welsh Riviera, Wobblers, not February in Aberdeen.

Top Bottom