FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast, Manchester to Morecambe 1st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
Is anyone else arriving at Piccadilly around 11pm? I have zero confidence in my navigation skills so it would be good if there are others heading to Albert Square around that time...
(And is it too early to be looking at weather forecasts? I think I may have to fettle the mudguards...:rain:)

My train gets in at 1035.
I'll wait for you to arrive if you wish & we can get lost together finding Albert Sq..

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Is anyone else arriving at Piccadilly around 11pm? I have zero confidence in my navigation skills so it would be good if there are others heading to Albert Square around that time...
(And is it too early to be looking at weather forecasts? I think I may have to fettle the mudguards...:rain:)

Several people travelling up North from the Big Smoke will be arriving at 23:11. My GPS knows the way. And yes, I will also put the mudguards back on. On a positive note, the ride is unlikely to be as wet as the 2012 one was. ^_^

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Please let me know your breakfast choices by the end of today !

full english times two
plus prosecco!

and two volunteers for TEC duty

Several people travelling up North from the Big Smoke will be arriving at 23:11. My GPS knows the way. And yes, I will also put the mudguards back on. On a positive note, the ride is unlikely to be as wet as the 2012 one was. ^_^
you think? The forecast is appalling. Waterproofs, lifejackets, canoes, surfboards for the downhills.....one to tell your grandkids about

alans

black belt lounge lizard
If you survive it to have grandchildren ..................
It seems very unfair; for the last two weeks the weather here has been delightful.

I'll take a little consolation in the fact that skintex is sanforized & waterproof.The object is to stay warm.I'm o.k. with wet providing I'm warm.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
The forecast has changed (and improved) every time I've looked at it today, which is nice.
I still think that we're going to get wet but, perhaps, not too wet.
Looks like we'll have a tail-wind.
I'll be fitting mud-guards tomorrow (sorry dz) and I'll probably take a bigger than usual bag so that I have room for dry/wet clothing.

It's going to be lovely :whistle:.

Those people who are not now going to make the ride:- have you let dellzeqq know ?
He's the one who calls the register at the start.

Last edited:

saoirse50

Veteran
Well, it looks like there is a pretty decent tailwind...not too wild, just enough to gently carry us through the showers. In my experience of rain on a bike (and most of my long tours over the past few years have been in Scotland, Ireland, Yorkshire Dales, so I think you might guess I have a bit of experience of riding in the rain) when you get a tailwind and rain, you don't notice it half so much. It's not in your face all the time, it's at your back. Added to that, look at the temperatures, folks. Well into the teens. It will feel like being gently bathed in soft, summer dew.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
you think? The forecast is appalling. Waterproofs, lifejackets, canoes, surfboards for the downhills.....one to tell your grandkids about

Manchester is also known as The Rainy City,& not for no good reason.

It's raining here as I type.I'll nip down to the newsagents while il pluet to get some practice in^_^

Top Bottom