Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Not the story the headline advertised, but I read this as Prudhomme putting the squeeze on the UCI.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/apr/22/chris-fromme-salbutamol-case-tour-de-france
Seems a fair assessment but also a fair enough request. Just a shame that they can't do it before the Giro.

hoopdriver

Guru
That’s true, but Froome for example is a very, very high profile rider. His presence on the Giro would generate a great deal more coverage for the event. He could have just saved himself for The Tour. Instead he’s doing the Giro and trying to join the legends by holding all three tour titles at once - quite a compelling narrative and valuable for the organisers. The mess with the adverse drug finding has screwed everybody.

That’s true, but Froome for example is a very, very high profile rider. His presence on the Giro would generate a great deal more coverage for the event. He could have just saved himself for The Tour. Instead he’s doing the Giro and trying to join the legends by holding all three tour titles at once - quite a compelling narrative and valuable for the organisers. The mess with the adverse drug finding has screwed everybody.
I'm not sure about that, other than in the UK media; which is still a minor player in terms of cycling.

I don't think he'll ever get "legend" status irrespective of what he does, other than with Sky fanboys/converts from golf.

[QUOTE 5234039, member: 43827"]As opposed to serious, committed cyclists I presume. Do you know any.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what you are on about; there's no need to be a cyclist to have an awareness of why Froome is unlikely to ever achieve "legend" status; fanboys/converts from golf <other convert sports are available> don't seem to get this.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I'm not sure about that, other than in the UK media; which is still a minor player in terms of cycling.

I don't think he'll ever get "legend" status irrespective of what he does, other than with Sky fanboys/converts from golf.

British multiple grand tour winners are ten a penny so I see why you'd think that ....

Top Bottom