Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Joffey, 15 Sep 2016.

1. Foghat

Foghat Veteran

Blimey. It must be bad if what she's done is worse than wilfully misleading and exploiting millions of cancer sufferers, and suing, threatening, bullying, intimidating and deliberately ruining the careers and business interests of innocent people. What's she done?

Last edited: 9 Mar 2018
    mjr likes this.
  2. Foghat

Foghat Veteran

Indeed - as Armstrong found, you wouldn't want someone that ruthless or lawyerly going after you, so Sky will be quaking in their boots even more if Tygart starts sniffing around the case.

3. jowwy

jowwy The bearded Powerhouse

That's a bit harsh isn't it - i'm pretty sure livestrong have helped an enormous amount of cancer sufferers through their illness and still do. Saying that LA exploited them is very harsh indeed. Mislead them on being a clean rider yes.........

hoopdriver likes this.
  4. jowwy

i wonder if the swimmers of the US would agree with you there..................also tygart is the CEO of USADA or did that escape you, why would USADA sniff round a UK cycling team

5. Foghat

Foghat Veteran

What would they disagree with.......that he's a ruthless lawyer who gets results for his paymasters? You do realise I haven't condoned, or even commented or implied a view on the morality of, his conduct at USA Swimming.........For the record, it sticks in my craw how lawyers will often defend or obfuscate the indefensible.

WADA, UKAD or the UCI might consider engaging him as a consultant, or offering an appointment as part of their legal teams. Maybe he fancies a change from USADA CEO........

6. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

I get what your saying but for me id prefer to hear or know who it's coming from.Did this anonymous source not say something along the lines of not just Wiggins but a smaller group of riders were taking things out of competition ?
    Maybe just the way my mind works but I'm very black and white so to speak.Name them or put your own name to it or I don't buy it.I hope I'm not wrong....

7. jowwy

maybe they would disagree with the fact that he gets results or does he only get results when he wants them known to the public.......in the case of the US swimmers it looks like he was illicit in the cover up

Four months later (!) the National Board of Review heard the case against Chocron (in absentia) and banned him from USA Swimming. Tygart served as the prosecuting attorney for USA Swimming throughout this internal board of review (a kangaroo court where the organization serves as prosecutor, judge, and jury).

Naturally, USA Swimming immediately notified the public about the sexual predator in the midst of their sport…

HA, just kidding! The review board said nothing to the public, and the man who would later be charged with overseeing anti-doping in the United States remained silent (which he has done to this day). Remaining silent is giving explicit aid to the coverup of these events.

8. Foghat

Foghat Veteran

And given all that, like @Marmion said, Wiggins, Brailsford et al and Sky are lucky that Tygart isn't hunting them down.......

9. jowwy

he would prob just cover it up like he did back then.........ah but this is more high profile, so maybe he wont......

10. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Pretty sure Sky has riders who race on US licences, so doesn't that give them some scope? Riding for a Kazakh team didn't save Lance.

11. jowwy

I don't know does it??? Who??

I'm sure when LA ,won his 7 TDF he was riding for US postal.........then on his comeback he rode for Astana, but his case was already high profile and the radar of USADA way before then, they did however use his biological passport during his comeback, to in the end catch him.

But I don't think wiggins as ever returned a drug anomaly, unlike JTL, Froome, contador, valverde, pantani and quite a few others

12. :giggle:

smutchin likes this.
  13. Actually, boring and nitpicky though it may be, JTL never did return an AAF did he? It was all biological passport stuff wasn't it? Not that it matters.

14. jowwy

Did I say AAF? I believe i said a drug anomaly, which would include a biological passport anomaly

15. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

If he returned a drug anomaly and explained it to the satisfaction of the tribunal, we'll never know unless the bears fancy it, so I think that's a silly thing to write.

I'm sure Wiggins will say he never returned a drug needle, sorry, anomaly...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice