Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Joffey, 15 Sep 2016.

1. jowwy

jowwy The bearded Powerhouse

I didnt say wiggo did something foolish though.......read my post. I said we can all look foolish on times in reply to the post above mine. I looked foolish backing woods.

Look we all have an opinion. The part i hate is when people post abuse and memes, just because i dont agree with their opinion................like i said in a previous post, brexiteers were called young thick and stupid, but remoaners thought they were clever, intelligent know it alls. Now wiggo backers are being called apologists just for not agreeing with them

2. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Okay, but you're still avoiding the issue that Wiggins lied about the injection issue.
    What is your opinion on that particular point? Forgetfulness on his part or a deliberate lie or something else?

hopless500 likes this.
  3. queasyrider

queasyrider Still perplexed

Jowwy, you know they won't be happy until you confess everything, so give in now!

2vMczif.jpg

4. jowwy

I word say forget fullness......but then im not wiggo and did he even write that book? Did the ghost writer miss quote him? Who knows..............

5. jowwy

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Maenchi likes this.
  6. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

This exactly - It's not something normally used as a medication. It's a PED to the limits of what's acceptable. Money game again, and SKY were cheating barstewards within the 'rules'.

7. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

You hate it when people post abusive memes, but you post abusive memes like "remoaners" being "know it alls" :headshake:

8. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

I thought it was more the case that "Brexiteers" were OLD thick and stupid, but never mind... that's for a different thread.

I'm not sure I'd hold up Brexiteers as a good example of people who have been vindicated either. Although there are some valid points of comparison - Wiggo's TUE situation seems about as clear as the Irish border situation.

rich p likes this.
  9. jowwy

no.......thats not what i posted, i said THEY THOUGHT they are know it alls and i havent posted any memes

meme

an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations.

10. jowwy

so brexiteers are not a good example of people who have been vindicated. Why is that then? we aint even left the EU yet so how can they be vindicated?

still awaiting the emergency budget and tax raises post the referendum result

and wiggo's TUE is pretty simple, doc said to UCI, brad needs this, doc produced relevant proof of need, UCI signed it off..........seems pretty clear to me and all done under the RULES

11. Can we keep politics* out of this thread, please.

* Obviously the political machinations of the UCI and the select committee are on topic. But we seem to be wandering into more general politics.

smutchin, Milkfloat and Bollo like this.
  12. Bollo

Bollo Chaaaaaa!

...SirDave tells Doc to make up something so SirBrad can go faster, Doc produced dubious proof of need, UCI not especially fussed about spitting in the soup .......

I actually agree the full story has yet to come out, but I can't see what further information will leave Wiggin's reputation smelling any fresher than it does at present. There are too many 'unfortunate episodes' and 'memory slips' to feel charitable just because a rider carries a (soon to be blue) British passport.

13. DP

DP Chasse patate

Well, Bradders is going to have his say like soon, any minute now.....

smutchin likes this.
  14. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

Two things:
    1. You were the one who brought up the entirely irrelevant matter of Brexit in this thread (TWICE*) and your implication was obvious so stop being disingenuous.
    2. I'm not going to continue this line of discussion in this thread. Any further mentions of Brexit will have me reaching for the report button.

*Everyone thought better than to respond to it the first time but you couldn't resist repeating it. There's a word for deliberately provocative repetition of controversial points with the intent of goading people into arguing and sidetracking the discussion down irrelevant avenues.

Last edited: 14 Mar 2018
  15. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

You reposted the meme and yes it's a meme - a piece of text copied and spread rapidly by Internet users.

So would it be fine if someone claims wiggo apologists thought they were clever, intelligent know it alls back when the first rumours were surfacing?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice