Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Joffey, 15 Sep 2016.

1. I'm not sure about that, other than in the UK media; which is still a minor player in terms of cycling.

I don't think he'll ever get "legend" status irrespective of what he does, other than with Sky fanboys/converts from golf.

themosquitoking and rich p like this.
  2. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

[QUOTE 5234039, member: 43827"]As opposed to serious, committed cyclists I presume. Do you know any.[/QUOTE]
    I can think of some who should be committed. Seriously.

Slick, User43827 and Dogtrousers like this.
  3. [QUOTE 5234039, member: 43827"]As opposed to serious, committed cyclists I presume. Do you know any.[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure what you are on about; there's no need to be a cyclist to have an awareness of why Froome is unlikely to ever achieve "legend" status; fanboys/converts from golf <other convert sports are available> don't seem to get this.

4. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

British multiple grand tour winners are ten a penny so I see why you'd think that ....

Slick likes this.
  5. As I said, I don't think it matters other than him being British and people thinking that Grand Tours are the most important thing in cycling.

6. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

Chuckle

User43827 likes this.
  7. Feel free to disagree, and enjoy your 18 holes in the morning

rich p and Slick like this.
  8. Slick

Slick Veteran

:laugh::laugh: Very good.

9. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

He's British??????? :whistle:

GBC, DP, Milzy and 2 others like this.
  10. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Whay are you chuckling?
    Other than you and Lance Armstrong and the great unwashed, lots of people prefer the Classics to GTs

Milzy likes this.
  11. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

why 'converts from golf' ?................:scratch:

12. Slick

Slick Veteran

Seems a common enough theory on here that needs to have any basis in truth.

13. Cycling is the new golf according to me

themosquitoking likes this.
  14. Foghat

Foghat Veteran

Difficult to summon much sympathy for Vegni, given this demonstrates what a bull$h1tter he must be, based on his previous flat denials of start fees or any 'relationship based on economics' with Sky around Froome entering the Giro......... maybe he's been infected by the Sky bull$h1tting machine.

Stop bull$h1tting, you morons!

Milzy likes this.
  15. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

As @rich p said above, both have a legitimate place in cycling but a hell of a lot of die hard cycling fans put more emphasis on the classics than grand tours .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice