Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I thought you were responding. And you must not have read much of it because if you had you would have seen that I have posted frequently on this thread.

Please explain to me how much I have read, and how the frequency of your posting has anything to do with my post?

Tin Pot

Guru
WTF has that got to do with it?

It would lend a proximity to the level of emotion being bandied about, some justification for the arguments.

Really should be able to discuss the merits and demerits without deeply entrenched views given that this is about strangers.

hoopdriver

Guru
In a desperate attempt to bring things back on topic.... here's a slightly old article.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...rse-test-result-vuelta-a-espana-a8115196.html

David Walsh, arch Sky fanboy and author of the cringe-makingly sycophantic book "Inside Team Sky" is trying to put a tiny bit of distance between himself and his beloved Froome.

Interestingly, the same article points out that Cookson was aware of the test result even though it happened on his last day in post. Which makes his statement that Team Sky "should have their reputation reinstated" even odder.
Interesting indeed!
I was wondering about some of those same issues.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
In a desperate attempt to bring things back on topic.... here's a slightly old article.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...rse-test-result-vuelta-a-espana-a8115196.html

David Walsh, arch Sky fanboy and author of the cringe-makingly sycophantic book "Inside Team Sky" is trying to put a tiny bit of distance between himself and his beloved Froome.

Interestingly, the same article points out that Cookson was aware of the test result even though it happened on his last day in post. Which makes his statement just before the news broke that Team Sky "should have their reputation reinstated" even odder.
looks like froome is in denial and thinks being twice over the limit is ok............

400bhp

Guru

Very interesting. Given what we now know (Sky knew about the adverse findings in September) I wonder if Thomas knew and used that to his advantage in getting some more power within the team. He was seen to be commenting about leaving Sky a few weeks ago.

In any event Sky have no one-else anyway really (not discounting some of the other second tier GT contenders of which IMO Thomas is one). I wonder what Landa makes of all this, given he appears to be riding the tour and playing second fiddle (and maybe thrird fiddle with Valpiti in there) riding the TdF.

Slick

Guru
Indeed. I wonder if that was deliberate, Shakespeare's "smiler with the knife"
He would obviously argue not, but I kept thinking the lady doth protest too much, a bit like a football manager getting the public show of support from the chairman. :laugh:

Adam4868

Guru
It would be hard to over speculate, but i personally dont think he cheated knowingly,If that makes sense,i just cant see him having won the Tour then going into the Vuelta after 18 stages taking that sort of risk ? Being tested every day he knew what was coming.My guess would be that they will ban him for missuse,accidently taking more than allowed.I dont think it will be too long and i dont think he will have his victory taken off him.
Thats me being positive,he cant be that stupid after 10 plus years as a pro.Hes at the top of his game anyway,strange to take that sort of risk then.
On another note,it could well be the unravelling of sky if it is proven.

Top Bottom