Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I spotted some twitterland muttering about Froome*/Thomas/Peols and others from other teams training in South Africa and highlighting that the are no operational testing labs there...

*stuck in this thread rather than doping git thread as it mentioned Froomedawg

Slick

Guru
I spotted some twitterland muttering about Froome*/Thomas/Peols and others from other teams training in South Africa and highlighting that the are no operational testing labs there...

I presume the suggestion is they must be doping if they chose to train there? I suppose that's the problem when allegations aren't dealt with in a timely manner, everything you do can now be construed as the act of a guilty man. Although, the allegation alone is probably enough anyway.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Can't they send samples to a testing lab elsewhere? It would be worse if they were training somewhere with a suspected-to-be-corrupt testing regime.

Adam4868

Guru
Warriors.......I don't want a bad word said against Chris x

lyn1

Über Member

I do not buy this as a way of avoiding testing. All the riders whereabouts locations will be recorded on ADAMS. I am aware of situations where OOC tests have been conducted by testers who were not resident in the country where the riders were located...ie they were flown in to do the tests. I am also aware of testers taking advantage of situations where riders from various teams, who were likely to be OOC tested individually and at home in the near future (possibly in different countries), were tested when a number of them could be found in the same location...presumably more cost effective. Analysis of tests does not have to be done in the country of collection if facilities are unavailable.

Maenchi

StoneDog
Has anybody ever won "clean" then?, no drugs medicinal or otherwise?.
As drugs or and enhancements have been used from the inception of the Tour de France, I guess the answer could quite likely be 'no'.
But where is the line ? coffee will be a banned substance next....:cuppa:

Top Bottom