Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
the wife can beat me.
Each to his own^_^

keithmac

Guru
I found that the window in which I could actually pot was about 1/4 pint or 5 minutes, whichever was the shorter! (Similar problem with darts. I once played a fantastic game in a pub match - 180, 140, 140 and a 3-dart finish. 1 pint later I was actually missing the board!)

My snooker window is between 2 and 4 pints, above and below that it's just not happening.. Can sometimes eek it out to 5 pints with copious amounts of Pork Scratchings though.

Milzy

Guru
To get back on track, I think it will all be swept under the carpet. I’m looking forward to seeing Froome race again. I don’t believe he can win the TDF again now. Tom Dumoulin Is a good bet.

Slick

Guru
To get back on track, I think it will all be swept under the carpet. I’m looking forward to seeing Froome race again. I don’t believe he can win the TDF again now. Tom Dumoulin Is a good bet.
Why would it getting swept under the carpet affect the likelihood of him winning again or not?

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
I read up a little on Salbutamol and although increases respitory therefore benefitting for breathing, how else would this help Froome on say a 5 hour section on the Tde F. ?
Bit like Ephedrine which gives benefits to short bursts, longer rides becomes less effective as it dehydrates the body rapidly.
Both seemingly recommended in the pursuit of weight loss , not something I'd see any rider of that calibre needing.

Slick

Guru
I read up a little on Salbutamol and although increases respitory therefore benefitting for breathing, how else would this help Froome on say a 5 hour section on the Tde F. ?
Bit like Ephedrine which gives benefits to short bursts, longer rides becomes less effective as it dehydrates the body rapidly.
Both seemingly recommended in the pursuit of weight loss , not something I'd see any rider of that calibre needing.
Your kidding? They are exactly the ones who would need help with weight loss, and if Salbutamol has no benefit, why take it?

gavintc

Guru
I disagree. I think the opportunity for Froome to race this year will be impacted by this.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Your kidding? They are exactly the ones who would need help with weight loss, and if Salbutamol has no benefit, why take it?

Kidding ?
No I'm not, not really.
If you train throughout the year doing the distances these guys do, compete and ride for 5 hours a day, Team Sky with all their nutritional expertise i honestly don't see you taking something to help lose weight.

Milzy

Guru
Why would it getting swept under the carpet affect the likelihood of him winning again or not?
I disagree. I think the opportunity for Froome to race this year will be impacted by this.
It will be impacted to some degree. I just can’t see him winning it again. The team isn’t the same and other teams are more determined not to let them run away with it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you train throughout the year doing the distances these guys do, compete and ride for 5 hours a day, Team Sky with all their nutritional expertise i honestly don't see you taking something to help lose weight.
I have read books by lots of pro riders who mention how it is a constant struggle to get their weight down to a competitive level.

But ... once in top condition and mid-Tour, achieving weight-loss would NOT be an issue - riders would probably be struggling to eat enough to avoid getting TOO thin?

Slick

Guru
Kidding ?
No I'm not, not really.
Well they do. A number of them have described the strict diet they are on as the toughest part of being a pro rider. It's similar with jockeys, the lighter you are the harder it is to drop any weight. I watched a very interesting programme of how boxers manage it through rehydration, and they reckon that's why so many of them sustain brain injury.

Slick

Guru
That is Dehydration! :okay:

I watched the same programme - scary stuff!
Bloody autocorrect.

Yeah, very scary. I knew a potentially great boxer who first told me about hitting the weight limit. He reckoned the big secret to his success was his ability to drop down over night then get back up before the actual fight. He eventually died of his injuries sustained in the ring.

Top Bottom