Fuel fill up to max?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Con

Über Member
I fill my taxi to the brim at the end of every shift that way I know I've got enough fuel for the next shift even if someone wants to go to lands end and back.

screenman

Legendary Member
Fumes then filled til the pump clicks off, never try and get the bit extra in as I know it can make for slippery roads for others.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Full, right up to the third click, every time. Will then run it down until the range drops below 100 miles.
At the moment, it's running on Shell V-Power Nitro+ Diesel as a special treat but normally it just gets the regular Shell Diesel

I don't have the time to be faffing about at the filling station putting a tenners worth in every other day.

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
To the brim, then treat half full as empty, so never low on fuel.

gbb

Legendary Member
Same amount in every week...£30 to £35 usually mostly for work, maybe £35 depending how much I use the at the weekend.
Always did put in a fixed amount, enough to last a week. That comes from when we were young and every penny counted...plus I've never lived far from a garage...my current one is less than 1/2 mile away. Plus I drive for economy...no point hauling fuel around for no reason. What's 5 minutes once a week to top up ?

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Full everytime. I CBA with £10, £20 or whatever.
Plus it helps me monitor the fuel consumption and has done for years. I know with my current car I should get a minimum of 600 miles on a full tank and just over 700 miles if driving conditions have been very favourable. Same for Mrs B's car, but she is more heavy footed. If the consumption falls it makes me think is it my driving, the conditions I have been driving in, or an engine fault.
But then I play chicken in my car when the fuel warning light, which drives (sic) Mrs B up the wall.

Top Bottom