Fugly cycling trends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought for years that my backache when cycling was due to having the bars too low and too far away so I flipped a shorter stem and stacked up the spacers. It turns out that I am much better with a longer, unflipped stem and one less spacer.

I wonder if the riders with those very odd bar setups have serious flexibility problems, bikes that don't fit them properly, or maybe are making the same mistake that I did?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Not sure there's a huge difference between a triathlon bike and a TT bike (although www.timetriallingforum.co.uk had a 115+ page thread going on about 3cm) but I quite like my TT bike. My profile picture shows me on it but since that was taken wheels, cockpit and brakes have been replaced.

I don't mind some TT bikes, it's specifically those triathlon ones with all of the integrated hydration systems and storage cubby holes for food, those are the ones that doth offend mine eye.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I don't mind some TT bikes, it's specifically those triathlon ones with all of the integrated hydration systems and storage cubby holes for food, those are the ones that doth offend mine eye.
Nah. Being able to work outside the constraints of the stupid UCI rules means that they can actually do cool stuff with carbon fibre, rather than having to still pretend like they're using metallic tubing. I think they look cool and futuristic, which is what carbon bikes should be.
cervelo-p5x-side-630x420-jpg.322717.jpg

Edit: I, along with I suspect most cyclists, am never going to enter an event which requires my bike to be UCI compliant, so why don't they make bikes like that, but in road rather than tri configuration? Why, if we want carbon frames, do we have to stick with the stupid old fashioned tubing style?

Last edited:

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
The fugliest bike related things in my world are Schwinn Stingray. A hideous fad, second only to the recent Fat, or is it Phatt bikes seen on local pavements..

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Nah. Being able to work outside the constraints of the stupid UCI rules means that they can actually do cool stuff with carbon fibre, rather than having to still pretend like they're using metallic tubing. I think they look cool and futuristic...

The Cervelo one you posted looks just that. However, for every swan, there's an ugly duckling.....

97775_1_Zoom.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
So despite fnaar having asked us not to flag him you do . :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom