Fugly cycling trends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

winjim

Smash the cistern
Mine is the UCI version of the same bike . I think they lost the hydration system and changed the forks for TT . So far the likes out weigh the dislikes , not that i care :hyper:
I have to say it looks an awful lot better disguised as a metal fence.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
This, on the other hand...:wub:
Lotus_Type_108_-_LotusSport_bicycle.jpg

Curved seatstays..

Curved chainstays. Keep it simple.

Agree with OP as well about curved and squared main tubes. I think it's the Condor Fratello (I am sure its a very nice bike and a tribute to Italian manufacturing) that has kinda squared tubes.

I just think why?

Keep it simple and round - strong, looks OK, get on it and ride it.

I see most of these things as a distraction to "add value" (ie - what you can flog it for), create some market positioning.

that's not a sneaky pic of a bike of someone you know is it?

Why didn't they just buy a bigger frame?

but brits invented the modern bike.

And am afraid I still disagree with you.

I think folk slipping into a foreign language (and I'm not just talking about Brits) for a single word, including a shift into what they think is the correct foreign/native pronunciation, comes across to me as profoundly pretentious. And funny. You can sense/hear the grinding of the gears as they try to get their tongue round it. I always expect a severe mouth malfunction, spluttering, teeth and vomit spewing.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I never liked it. It did look futuristic and mean but I never imagined it outside the track. You should read Boardman's book. He and Lotus fell out big time.
I shall get a copy. I've seen the prototype of that bike, hanging up in Mike Burrows workshop near Norwich. Didn't dare ask for a go...

but brits invented the modern bike.

And am afraid I still disagree with you.

I think folk slipping into a foreign language (and I'm not just talking about Brits) for a single word, including a shift into what they think is the correct foreign/native pronunciation, comes across to me as profoundly pretentious. And funny. You can sense/hear the grinding of the gears as they try to get their tongue round it. I always expect a severe mouth malfunction, spluttering, teeth and vomit spewing.
Learning the language of racing is part of the fun of it. The challenges of pronunciation of the terminology no different from trying to pronounce all those Continental rider names, sponsor names, bike makes (Ciocc anyone ?), or exotic place names.

grellboy

Über Member
Screenshot_2017-02-16-07-05-48.png

What about this? From China on ebay. Apparently it has a "breaking wind front fork making ride cosy" and uses "intelligentized welding technology".
Screenshot_2017-02-16-07-05-48.png

OP
OP
C

Crackle

May I just say, the newer Di2 mechs don't look half as bad. A lot more streamlined than the big ugly lump of black plastic of the predecessors. No I'm not going soft, I mean who wants a bike you need to charge up before you can ride it.

Top Bottom