Fuji Feather or Spesh Langster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm definitely getting myself another fixed steed, and I was set on an alu Langster having previously had a steel one, but the current bike is discontinued, and the 2013 doesn't look as good IMO.

This got me having a mooch on t'internet, and I came across the Fuji Feather.

Now it seems a good buy too me, (in the scheme of things anyhoo), and it's bang on budget as well. I can't jusify spending anymore than this.

The other big plus, all colours are in stock in my size, but is this because the bike isn't that great, or simply because all the hipsters just go for the Langster and overlook this bike, (I'm certainly not a hipster BTW!).

It seems to have good reviews, but are there any CC'ers using one? I know Rob3rt of this parish has a Fuji track, and speaks highly of it, but any views on the 'Feather' would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Fuji Feather! I would justify the purchase based on that it looks much nicer, probably a chunk heavier though? I saw the Black one in store and it looked very nice. The Langster is very meh (but then again Specialized can do no right with me). Also check the geometry, I have a sneaky suspicion that the feather is a more road like geometry than the "Track".

As for hipster-ish-ness of each, tbh the Fuji is a very hip bike, steel frame, traditional look's, quill stem and smooth curvy sprint bars with little cross top levers. It also has a seatpost similar to a Miche Supertype and reasonably deep rims. But it is understated and you could add your own touch to the bike without it looking ridiculous. I think that the reason lots are left is because Evan's buy a lot of Fuji stock and the Fuji bikes are generally peoples 1st fixed wheel bike (because they are good VFM), so people will opt for the Track over the Feather.

I sold my Fuji Track on for £200 after thrashing it for a year (had to make space for my new fixed wheel build), it was a fairly heavy bike but it was a nice ride and it was very resilient, I still miss it sometimes and really get a craving for classic looking a steel track bike (current being alu). The wheels were a bit poor though, but for the price and the all weather, non gentle treatment the bike got, can't really complain and the wheels on the feather stand to be a bit stronger given the rim profile.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I'd go for the Fuji too. In fact I almost purchased it but they didn't have my size in the right colour. I purchased the Jamis Sputnik instead, just to be different from a Langster!

The yellow is nice :thumbsup:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I'd go for the Fuji too. In fact I almost purchased it but they didn't have my size in the right colour. I purchased the Jamis Sputnik instead, just to be different from a Langster!

The yellow is nice :thumbsup:
Cheers Bud. I'll have a shufty tonight. TBH bieks always look better in the flesh so to speak, so the yellow might surprise me.

I remember agonising years ago over a Kona Hoss Deluxe. The colour was Rootbeer Brown, and the pics didn't do it justice at all. I rang every Kona dealer in the northern hemisphere to try and view one, but no-one had it.

In the end I bit the bullit and ordered it with fingers crossed, and when it came it looked bloody great. It was actually metallic, more of a bronze than brown really and with a realy nice metal flake in it too that relaly caught the light.

Shame the first one was damaged when it arrived, thank you Paligap, but that's another story :whistle:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The black Fuji Feather looks very nice, the finishing kit is also all black so super slick and it means if you put coloured bar tape or saddle with coloured bits or something on, it will really pop without making the bike look like you couldn't make your mind up and end up with a multicoloured heap of shoot..

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
The black Fuji Feather looks very nice, the finishing kit is also all black so super slick
Yeah I'm sort of leaning toward the Ford Model T philosphy of any colour you want as long it's black.

A shiny black Feather would look the biz sat next to a matt black CAAD10 don't you think :wub:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Nice, there is a nice little road near the Chill Factor with very little traffic you can thrash up and down on.

Hope you like the bike after driving/riding over to Trafford.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Hope you like the bike after driving over to Trafford.
Lovin' it ^_^ They had a couple of yellow and one black in, all sadly too small for me to thrash anywhere on:cry:, but TBH I suspected this would be the case.

I just wanted a good look at the bike in the flesh, and guess what? I like it, in fact

View: http://youtu.be/Q_X8ZZwcs4k

How much is that exactly, well enough to put an order down for a 61cm frame in.....................................................BLACK :wub:

fuji-feather-2012-single-speed-bike.jpg

So it'll be in early next week when they'll build it and I can go down and give it some stick. Then, and this is what I do like with Evans, if I happen not to like the ride for any reason, I get my deposit back and walk away, but I really hope it doesn't come to that.

I need to ride it with a slightly open mind as I will change the track bars and bar top levers as soon as possible, I just don't like track bars for road use but I will probably stick to drops.

Watch this space....................:hyper:

Top Bottom