Funeral Music.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know someone that had this played at the end of the service.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I think Peter Sellars wanted In the Mood by Glen Miller.

I heard somewhere that it was Smoke Gets in your Eyes. I'm probably mixing up stories.
My late wife specified a bit of Land of the Mountain and the Flood by Hamish MacCunn.
That's a wonderful piece - all the more poignant because he wrote it when he was 19 or something, but never wrote anything again that was worth a damn.

I chose Jake Thackeray's Last Will and Testament for my old man - I think he would've approved. (Tho' one or two of the relis didn't look too sure. :laugh:)

DRM

Guru
I have told Mrs B I want Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb.
Ironic, as well as being my favourite track.

Mrs B wants Sound of Silence by Disturbed.
I think that if you have Comfortably Numb, it should be lined up with the very last bit of Bring The Boys Back Home first, the bit with the knocking and" Hello time to go" repeated before it starts

Brains

Legendary Member
I'm not religious but I'd like Bob Marley's Redemption song followed by a singalong 500 miles.

My Dad had Bob Marley's 'No Woman, No Cry', one of his favorite songs played as the outro music at his funeral.

Later the same day we had a Czech folk band (long story) who then played at his wake.
The band, who were all members of the Czech Philharmonic, despite never having heard of Bob Marley or even Reggae music, did an amazing version (Violin, Mandolin and Double bass)
They had heard the original of the song once at the funeral and had download the sheet music from the internet on an ipad.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm too much 'tempting fate' and 'heck it's years off yet' to make funeral arrangements,but if i do i'll probably choose the first (It has to be the Bobby Fuller Four version) as my crematorium entrance and the second as i exit through those small curtains.

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
I've decided not to have a funeral.
I'll put a grand behind the bar if anyone wants to turn up and remember me. If not, the money subsidises the next 100 customers.
I'll see you there, or not, you know what I mean. 😄

Top Bottom