Funny (genuine) nicknames for people you have known of.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A teacher friend - in a very white school - had one Sikh boy in his class. They nicknamed him the Turbanator.

Julia9054

Guru
There was a teacher at my sixth form called Arthur Jackson.
There was a Monty Python character called Arthur "two sheds" Jackson which for this teacher had been shortened to Twosh.
Even when I was there most of us were a bit young to remember the original Monty Python sketch. I imagine this bloke went all the way to retirement with the nickname Twosh and no one having the slightest clue why.

PK99

Legendary Member
A flatmate years ago, a shy, quiet nerdy type, was known by his initials - "JR"

Then Dallas came along and the contrast to "JR Ewing" was total and the nickname suddenly funny.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
We had a science teacher called Mr Lowcock. He was ginger, so was nicknamed copper b*ll*cks

There was a boy in my year who had hydrocephalus and had a massive head. As some boys do, we gave him the nickname of Brains (because he looked like Brains off Thunderbirds and had the same glasses). I wish I could meet him again to say sorry.

Weirdly my mate called James always went by Owen. No reason, he just liked the name.

My other mate was called Rabbit because he had slightly larger than average teeth

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Working on...ahem...a large construction project near Bridgwater...in it's early days pre-construction, we did some engineering work and the client's Health & Safety guy (always in immaculate Hi Viz PPE, never seemed to get dirty) had an 80's style perm, so we nicknamed him Curly Sue.

At a company I used to work the night shift made a online comic strip of the management. The Vice President came across it and asked why he was depicted as the Tin Man . He was really upset at the answer "No heart".
NB I was Penfold my deputy was Danger Mouse. ( I took it as a comliment as Penfold was the brains of the duo)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Football's a rich vein. I think my favourite was Kiki Musampa, a Congolese player who while on loan to Man City was apparently known as Chris.
I once worked with a lad of Indian heritage, who gave his name as 'Charlie'. I asked why he called himself that and he replied that none of us would be able to pronounce his real name. (In fact, I don't remember ever finding out what it was!)

DRM

Guru
One of the supervisors at a place I worked at was from South Africa, hence was known as Botha, As in P W Botha the former South African prime minister

Top Bottom