Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I recognised that view from Uffington Castle immediately, but so did others who got to there first! I spent 4 months once staying on the campsite down the road, with wonderful cycle commutes from there into Swindon.
There are a couple of tough climbs from the bottom of the Vale up to the Ridgeway that runs past the Uffington White Horse, crossing the road seen in the image. In fact the road it was taken from is pretty steep.

Tribansman

Veteran
Here's the next one...

Ntr3.jpg

straas

Matt
That's a hard one, looks rural from the type of power line, fairly flat with white rendered house in the background.

Could be anywhere but I'll guess southern scotland?

swansonj

Guru
One of the people who provided expert commentary on shades of purple in the heather now needs to provide expert commentary on the shades of white of the flowers.^_^

straas

Matt
I'm guessing it's Burnet-saxifrage, which is listed as "widespread" in the UK, although locally frequent in Rutland and Leicestershire.

Tribansman

Veteran
Lots of power cables suggests a nearby power station

Yeah, I've familiarised myself with a few new areas thanks to this thread!

The nearest power station is 85 miles away...they are only small power lines!

You could find out about the history of the area on t'internet...

swansonj

Guru
Yeah, I've familiarised myself with a few new areas thanks to this thread!

The nearest power station is 85 miles away...they are only small power lines!

You could find out about the history of the area on t'internet...
85 miles away? That's a real teaser. I was wondering Scotland, either the Forth estuary near North Berwick or the north coast with the land visible over the water being Orkney, but both seem to be ruled out by nearby power stations. Likewise, t'county of t'Yorkshire seems pretty much ruled out by being within 85 miles of Drax?

Top Bottom