Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Here goes then

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think it was those white guard rails that triggered something in my memory
I have a really poor memory these days (have I already told you that...? :whistle:) but from time to time I get flashbacks of little bits of rides. Where a red car overtook me, just before I stopped to eat some chocolate. The sheep eating grass growing through a crack in the middle of the road. That kind of thing...

The new picture looks very nice!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
For once, that is a view I recognise almost immediately. The highest peak is Pen y Fan in the Brecon Beacons, viewed from the north.

I didn't recognise the road instantly, but it turns out to be one I have ridden, but only in the opposite direction. You are just below the Drovers Arms on the B4519. Unfortunately I couldn't combine the mountains and the pub in one view. And don't expect to get a drink after you've hauled your way up here:

robjh

Legendary Member
For once, that is a view I recognise almost immediately. The highest peak is Pen y Fan in the Brecon Beacons, viewed from the north.

I didn't recognise the road instantly, but it turns out to be one I have ridden, but only in the opposite direction. You are just below the Drovers Arms on the B4519. Unfortunately I couldn't combine the mountains and the pub in one view. And don't expect to get a drink after you've hauled your way up here:

View attachment 576825

View attachment 576826
Absolutely right @Aravis
I rode quite a distance that day, and you wouldn't believe how long it took me to check the location on streetview, until I looked at the timestamp and saw it was taken just 1 minute away from the Drovers Arms itself.

Tribansman

Veteran
Is it taken from Dragon Hill Road looking NW down on to the B4507, about here...?

Dragon Hill Rd
https://maps.app.goo.gl/M4YUxoZqejH5Qsev5

Remembered that distinctive ridge from a visit to the White Horse

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I didn't recognise that last one, but it was very distinctive so I'm not surprised that it was named quickly.

I have a picture ready for the next time I answer first. Now of course I won't manage that for the foreseeable future!

robjh

Legendary Member
Thanks @robjh. I think there's enough road visible in this. It was taken from another road and all the identifiable features can be seen from streetview:

View attachment 576837
I recognised that view from Uffington Castle immediately, but so did others who got to there first! I spent 4 months once staying on the campsite down the road, with wonderful cycle commutes from there into Swindon.

Top Bottom