Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
is that car still on street view? :laugh::laugh::laugh: It might be Volvo Amazon?
I think it's probably one of these, with an external sun visor. I'll see if I can get a bit more detail:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Very little to add to that Mr D other than that I think the white car is already on the roundabout.

On this thread I've generally used the "cool" reaction option to indicate that the poster was warm. I've just realised how confusing that could be.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
There are HV transmission lines in the picture.

Here's Andover on OS with the same highlighted.

I can't see the location but perhaps others can, or Andover is a red herring.

1635173913751.png

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Over and over does seem like a strong clue. I thought it meant above (ie north of) Andover, or possibly on Andover Road.
There are hills to the west of Andover that seem to match the photo, but i can't be certain.

Andover has changed a great deal, anyone found old maps?
I did wonder if those awful buildings were nearby barracks.

If not Andover itself then it could be looking in the direction of Andover from some distance away.
Back to work....

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Here's Andover in approximately 1947, also from OS. Something from the early 1970s would be very useful:

You are all working along the right lines!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'm struggling to find a view over andover and a pilon or two and a road that would have been big enough to have roundabout like that in 1967, however the A303 will have changed a lot since then

Top Bottom