Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Indeed. That was quick.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am going to change the tack totally here. Lot's of clues though.

DSC_0123.JPG

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I thought I recognised it - a view across Birmingham from the south west. Here's my June 6th 2018 entry in Your ride today...

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/page-1170#post-5269544

And more conventionally from Google Maps:

View attachment 537556

So it's the B4551 between Romsley and Dayhouse Bank.
Spot on. Your photo is from the same gate.

On to you, now.

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Spot on. Your photo is from the same gate.

On to you, now.
I seem to remember it's by far the best view over the city, so no surprise we picked the same gate to ..... stop at.

I'm under orders to do the ironing this afternoon, so I'll pick something out this evening. One that I was planning to use is at Earlswood Lakes, as it happens.

I dismissed that at first as being too obscure, but it looks familiar. Not, perchance, a view of the viaduct just up from Appersett towards Newby Head is it? I can't quite make the trees fit but then some of these photos are rather old so maybe it's changed?

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Yes, that's exactly right. This was quite recent - November 8th 2018, on my ride from Heysham to Hartlepool. It is hard to see a perfect match on Streetview. I think I was standing as high up the bank behind as I could get, which alters the perspective. The collapsed wall in the foreground can be picked out.

Over to you if you have something.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I dismissed that at first as being too obscure, but it looks familiar. Not, perchance, a view of the viaduct just up from Appersett towards Newby Head is it? I can't quite make the trees fit but then some of these photos are rather old so maybe it's changed?
I was hunting around up there too, but didn't spot it.

(I am also trying to identify exactly where the picture in THIS POST was taken in the Forest of Bowland. It looks very familiar and I thought I knew where, but I can't quite spot that one either!)

Top Bottom