Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solocle

Über Member
I'm also running out of pics.

This one, taken at sunset, I suspect will be done within a few seconds...
View attachment 545086

Name that road!
Holme Moss
1599058031852.png

Emley Moor is quite distinctive!

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Holme Moss

Didn't think that would be too taxing. Your turn

Solocle

Über Member
Didn't think that would be too taxing. Your turn
It's a climb I've started, but I haven't actually finished it (I had a cousin in tow). Having spent a bit of time around Barnsley, I eventually tracked down Emley, so knew the area to look at.
1599058472606.png

Anyway, here's my next one, and I'll treat you to a pano in two halves (it wouldn't upload in one):
IMG_1526_1.jpg

IMG_1526_2.jpg

Name that road!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Quite amazing. So convincing, in fact, you made me search Wales rather than my initial guess of North Pennines.
I quite embarrassed at how far off-target I was. Since Colin's last one was in the Land's End area, I made the instant assumption that it would be from the other end, somewhere in Caithness/Sutherland. But nothing seemed to match, and after a while I realised the sailing club was probably indicating otherwise.

It's been a few years, but I really should've recognised The Tumble.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I don't have a clue about this one. But here's a stitched together pic
View attachment 545107
Not really got a clue... but I've got a sneaky feeling that it's somewhere on this map

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Looking at the photo, I've managed to deduce that the road is running from left to right, with a lane to a farm in the middle, the wall looks Yorkshire-ish, there's some hills in the distance and the sun is in the sky... from that, I've been looking all over Yorkshire, for a road, a lane, some hills and a farm, in daylight... it's a good job I'm off work this week. :blush:

Top Bottom