Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Never been to Stoke, but it's amazing what one can discover by googling "old pub now paint shop" :tongue:

Got to be a bit more specific than simply naming the road... name that bridge (or at least its location)

Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
Never been to Stoke, but it's amazing what one can discover by googling "old pub now paint shop" :tongue:

Got to be a bit more specific than simply naming the road... name that bridge
View attachment 500838
That's a very cool bridge! Very elegant.

I have no idea where it is though. The reddish hard shoulder makes me think that its northish, and the low level of traffic leads me to think its away from the big cities. Hmmm.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I went back and checked what 'rules' I had proposed when I started the thread. I expressed a preference for photos taken on rides of scenic country roads with identifiable features so oddly-painted cottages on lanes are definitely 'in' and motorway bridges photographed from motorways are definitely 'out'! :laugh:

Rain-soaked gutters on boring town roads are just about in, but a bit bloody depressing at this time of year! Hasn't anybody got some photos of glorious hairpin bends on magnificent climbs, that kind of thing?

Meanwhile I will post 'before' and 'after' photos of the same road... I will tell you later what was going on, and the extra significance of it!

Before (strictly 'during', but I don't have a 'before' picture!):

After:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I went back and checked what 'rules' I had proposed when I started the thread. I expressed a preference for photos taken on rides of scenic country roads with identifiable features so oddly-painted cottages on lanes are definitely 'in' and motorway bridges photographed from motorways are definitely 'out'! :laugh:

Boooo! I had one photo of a road and it's not good enough for you. :sad: ...apparently, there's no other motorway bridge in the country like that one.

Anyway... the rules say 'should' and not 'must' ...so taking the highway code as a bench mark :whistle:

Top Bottom