Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Did your first century take you that way?

Probably. Also I used Aberystwyth that as a base for some exploring round there on a couple occasions. And as I liked the area I did at least one tour that went that way.

Oddly I've never had much trouble with pronunciation of Welsh place names. I'm generally confident, if not correct. Except for Rhayader. RhAyader of RhayAder?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I can't believe nobody's got it yet. It took less than ten minutes last time :whistle:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
On honeymoon almost 30 years ago I stayed near Reeth. My wife filmed me driving through the ford on a Sony Video 8 recorder. Wanting to make it look cool, recalling the scene from All Creatures Great and Small, I went through a bit quick and there was a loud noise from under the car.

The video still exists; the next scene is of me anxiously checking under the car. I think the least I can do now is post it on YouTube, but it might take me a day or two.

Did this ever happen Aravis?

Alex321

Veteran
Probably. Also I used Aberystwyth that as a base for some exploring round there on a couple occasions. And as I liked the area I did at least one tour that went that way.

Oddly I've never had much trouble with pronunciation of Welsh place names. I'm generally confident, if not correct. Except for Rhayader. RhAyader of RhayAder?

Neither :smile:

RYe-ader

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can't believe nobody's got it yet. It took less than ten minutes last time :whistle:

I am hoping to go out soon for a short ride before the forecast rain arrives. If nobody has identified your road by the time that I get back I will have a good look later. I have a few ideas... :whistle:

Buck

Guru
Three fat ladies? 888?
the B888 is on South Uist but nothing like the above
the A888 is Barra. Again. I cant see anything like that there.
(The vegitation is more lush in the above and all the roads have a solid white line at each edge for example in the street views i see)

Top Bottom