Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That white capped finger sign doesn't look like it belongs in your local peddling area... so I'm think this might be a road from one of your recent trips to Devon?

Absence of dry stone walls too.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That white capped finger sign doesn't look like it belongs in your local peddling area... so I'm think this might be a road from one of your recent trips to Devon?

Right county! I think you will find it pretty quickly now without further clues but I'll point out what should be obvious if nobody finds it in the next couple of days.

I actually haven't ridden that road since a pre-pandemic holiday. I am currently down in Devon and might do it again this time.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It's here!

its here.jpg

On NCN27 just east of Hatherleigh :okay:

MontyVeda

The "obvious" I suspect being the blue NCN sign on the signpost.

and the sign post not being a 'northern' one :okay:

I think this time I'll throw the doors wide open to anyone who wants to post the next challenge.

If there's no takers in a few days I'll come up with something so ferociously cunning you'll be guessing 'til Octember :whistle:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
North pennines near the lead mine museum on A689

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.7...!7i16384!8i8192!9m2!1b1!2i37!5m1!1e4?hl=en-GB

on the LEL route unless i'm very much mistaken

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's here!

View attachment 658615

On NCN27 just east of Hatherleigh :okay:
That is (obviously!) it. I caught the train to Barnstaple a few years ago and cycled back to holiday HQ (Finlake, near Newton Abbot) that way.
The "obvious" I suspect being the blue NCN sign on the signpost.
Yes, together with the arrangement of the junction, direction of shadows, and lumpy fringes of Dartmoor in the distance.

MontyVeda

looks like a radome on the horizon but the only ones I've found that aren't part of a cluster; Brizlee Wood near Alnwick and Claxby in Lincs don't look like contenders, so it could be a water tower that's teleported in from Kansas?

Top Bottom