Garmin Connect Down - And made me think...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetFatty

Über Member
Garmin still got issues ? My app not wanting to launch on my iPhone ?? Keeps closing down when opened ?
Yep it's still broken. I believe they initially included today as a fix day so I'm hoping for news either today or tomorrow. No joy on Monday and I'll start using the strava workaround

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Cheers , can I assume everything still works /records just cannot upload ?

dodgy

I'd be surprised if Garmin is up before Tuesday the way things are looking. Nice article at BleepingComputer with some inside info.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-by-confirmed-wastedlocker-ransomware-attack/

So there you are, at home at your personally owned PC, connected to work via VPN then your own PC gets hit and the contents of your hard drive encrypted. 🤷‍♂️ This is messy.
If this is how their VPN is configured, Garmin were never in control of a ransomware attack, which could have even come in via an employee's PC.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Nope I have an 800 which I have to connect to upload
The 800 has Bluetooth so you can use that to connect to your phone. With Garmin connect app on your phone it will take your ride recorded on the 800, load it into Garmin and then sync onto Strava. No cables required (assuming Garmin finally sorts out this issue they're having)

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I wasn’t just read something in the article about gps shutdown? If working fine , I can wait to upload at later date

Just realised I can upload files direct to strava. Like I did before when my 800 stopped doing it automatically!!

vickster

Legendary Member
The 800 has Bluetooth so you can use that to connect to your phone. With Garmin connect app on your phone it will take your ride recorded on the 800, load it into Garmin and then sync onto Strava. No cables required (assuming Garmin finally sorts out this issue they're having)
My 800 didn’t have bluetooth, came in on the 810?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I wasn’t just read something in the article about gps shutdown? If working fine , I can wait to upload at later date
Have you got a computer with usb port? Your Garmin should show up as a drive which you can click on, then into activities and find the rides to upload straight to Strava.

dodgy

I think you must have skim-read the article :laugh: GPS is fine and that's not owned by Garmin anyway, though their 'InReach' satellite service is down.

D

Deleted member 26715

My 800 didn’t have bluetooth, came in on the 810?
I'm 99.9999% sure mine doesn't either
The concern about GPS is that is owned & operated effectively by the US Army, if Blowjo upsets Mr Orange they could turn off civilian use, this of course could be an urban myth.

GetFatty

Über Member
Any one know how many rides a Fenix 6 Pro can hold? I'm guessing quite a few as it can store music so not overly worried. Once the ransom ware is sorted the Garmin servers will probably crash due to the massive automated upload

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Any one know how many rides a Fenix 6 Pro can hold? I'm guessing quite a few as it can store music so not overly worried. Once the ransom ware is sorted the Garmin servers will probably crash due to the massive automated upload
You can get your gps files off it but may need a utility to do since it’s a watch that supports music. My Fenix 5x doesn’t

Top Bottom