Garnish Edge 500 calorie's count

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudigrinfeld

Anyone has the experience with it. I am reading what doesn't make to me any sense. A 23km ride with 32kph average speed shoes about 1200 calorie burnt. Can it be real?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I suspect that it is incorrect. 1200 calories is less than 1% of your daily guideline amount. :laugh:

OP
OP
dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld

I think I got what the error I made. The occasions I saw high calorie count were when I went out without the HR monitor. Today I went with it, I did a different route more hilly for 31km and it showed 593 which make much more sense.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
did you do it with HR monitor?

no

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I did 107 miles today and my Garmin 500 shows 5911 calories.
i have read somewhere that cycling can burn between 30/50 calories per mile based on fitness, speed and effort

so 107 miles at the highest level of 50 cals/mile would equate to 5035 calories at the lower end it would be 3021 calories

Racing

Bicycling 16 or more miles per hour is considered “racing” by the Wisconsin Department of Health’s “Calories Burned Per Hour” chart. You can convert calories burned per hour into calories burned per mile by dividing the number of miles into the calories burned figure. When you bicycle in the range of 16 to 19 mph, you burn about 59 calories per mile if you weigh 190 pounds, about 48 calories per mile if you’re 155 pounds and about 40 calories per mile if you’re 130 pounds.
Vigorous Cycling

Bicycling 14 to 15.9 mph is considered a “vigorous effort” by the Wisconsin Department of Health. More vigorous efforts spur greater calorie losses by increasing your heart rate and the amount of fuel your body burns, according to “Swim, Bike, Run.” When you bicycle 14 to 15.9 mph, you burn about 58 calories per mile if you weigh 190 pounds, about 47 calories per mile if you’re 155 pounds and about 39 calories per mile if you’re 130 pounds.
Moderate Cycling

Bicycling 12 to 13.9 mph is a “moderate effort,” according to the Wisconsin Department of Health. When you bicycle 12 to 13.9 mph, you burn about 53 calories per mile if you weigh 190 pounds, about 43 calories per mile if you’re 155 pounds and about 36 calories per mile if you’re 130 pounds.
Light Cycling

Bicycling 10 to 11.9 mph is regarded as a “light effort” by the Wisconsin Department of Health. When you bicycle 10 to 11.9 mph, you burn about 47 calories per mile if you weigh 190 pounds, about 38 calories per mile if you’re 155 pounds and about 32 calories per mile if you’re 130 pounds.

Top Bottom