GCN race pass 19.99

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Broadside

Guru
Chromecast

Im not clear how that works; £30 for the Chromecast device and then buy an app to allow it to work with Apple devices?

It sounds like a secondhand Apple TV is probably the simplest way to get it all to work?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Im not clear how that works; £30 for the Chromecast device and then buy an app to allow it to work with Apple devices?

It sounds like a secondhand Apple TV is probably the simplest way to get it all to work?
Buy the chromecast dongle thingy and then you can cast from your phone.No need to buy anything more

rualexander

Legendary Member
Chromecast is fine

Unless you are using the 3 network for your internet.
I had endless problems last year trying to get GCN app to work properly via Chromecast with 3 as my ISP
It sort of worked, some of the time. Same issue with Eurosport Player too.
I also had some issues with BBC Iplayer on 3 so it was obviously a 3 problem.
They may have fixed it but given that 3 refused to recognise a problem, I doubt it.
I tried a Vodafone sim, and everything worked perfectly.
Then I move to Tesco Mobile, and everything works perfectly with them too.

Do you watch their videos on a computer? You can watch without ads by using Mozilla Firefox browser and the add-on Enhancer for YouTube :okay:
Prefer my phone, its tiny but its only 5 years old (2 for me) and faster than the laptop. I have adblock on both but the ad breaks get round it. I gave up on Firefox a good browser but incredibly slow on my laptop compared to Chrome. If I ever get a new laptop I'll have to remember that, thanks :okay:

DRM

Guru
We were talking about the free YouTube content on the GCN channel rather than GCN+.
That has just about become unwatchable due to ads

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Cheers, need to look into it, but I tend to watch it via safari on a iPad, not sure if there is an ad blocker for that
Yes, it’s built in, but won’t remove all the ads. That’s why I suggested Firefox with the add-on - it removes ALL the ads when watching ;) (but only on a desktop/laptop AFAIK).

gunja99

You tube premium! No ads. Tbh I have a yt music family plan and yt premium was only another 2 pounds a month on top. Amazing non ads and ability to download etc. Don't think I'd pay for YouTube premium as a single account though.

Top Bottom