GCN race pass 19.99

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I’ve watched the 24 Hours film about Mark Beaumont and James Lowsley-Williams riding as far as they could in... well... 24 hours. Some good observations about nutrition and hydration as well as the effects on the body and cognitive ability of ultra endurance riding.

I’d seen a short video of this before on YouTube, but this goes into more depth. My only criticism is that I would have liked them to explain the science better and with visuals. This film was more of an extended YouTube clip.

Enjoyable.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I know I'm talking to myself here but I have now logged in on laptop, then logged back in on app and Bob's your Aunties live in lover.
All IT enquires please contact johnblack 😁

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I couldn’t get the web app to work on the desktop. I was already logged in and RacePass worked, but films wouldn’t it wanted me to log in. Which I did and that didn’t help. In the end I used AirPlay from my iPhone to the TV.

Teething problems on the first day are not really a surprise.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
I signed up to GCN+ during the half price sale and I'm liking it so far. Liking less the bombshell that Eurosport/GCN no longer have the rights to the Flanders Classics races. No Omloop het Nieuwsblad, Gent-Wevelgem, Dwars Door Vlaanderen, Scheldeprijs or De Brabantsepijl. Amstel Gold is also gone. They will show Tour of Flanders 2021 but not 2022 onwards. A teensy bit of buyer's remorse? Yup.

Edit: Eurosport tweeted today that they now "cannot confirm yet" if they will be showing OHN 🙄

Last edited:

johnblack

Über Member
The Flanders Classic youtube site has some great documentaries for the last few editions of Flanders, basically cameras following teams, camera bikes etc throughout the day. And I have seen myself in a couple of them at the side of the road.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
.... but they're on free-to-air TV. I suspect I'm like many fans - after the Grand Tours, my main interest is the Spring Classics (followed by the remaining monuments). Am I missing something?
If I was only to rely on free to air I'd be p1ssed off.I watched Eurosport far more than free to air tv.Theres far more cycling on than free to air.
Another thing is I can't fecking stand David Millar on ITV4...I'll pay 20 quid just for that.

rualexander

Legendary Member
.... but they're on free-to-air TV. I suspect I'm like many fans - after the Grand Tours, my main interest is the Spring Classics (followed by the remaining monuments). Am I missing something?
Neither the Giro nor the Vuelta are shown live on free to air though are they?

Top Bottom