GCN+ Subscription

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why ? Sorry do you mean on a phone/tablet ? I just cast my app to tv
On the website on iPad Adam. No ability to go full screen, pause, fast forward nothing. Just tap long highlights and it plays in bar above

edit: it works in app though

Adam4868

Guru
On the website on iPad Adam. No ability to go full screen, pause, fast forward nothing. Just tap long highlights and it plays in bar above
Oh right didn't know that.Thats annoying that there's no option to expand window.Chromecast is the best thing my kids have bought me...I've recently found out if I'm not watching cycling I can play the Stone Roses on a loop from youtube....
Living the dream 😁

Oh right didn't know that.Thats annoying that there's no option to expand window.Chromecast is the best thing my kids have bought me...I've recently found out if I'm not watching cycling I can play the Stone Roses on a loop from youtube....
Living the dream 😁
Well interestingly I just found a google chrome cast little thing on floor behind tv and plugged HDMI into tv....now to figure how to use it

Adam4868

Guru
Well interestingly I just found a google chrome cast little thing on floor behind tv and plugged HDMI into tv....now to figure how to use it
Plug it in a usb slot on tv,look for this image on device you want to cast from and tap...simple.Took me hours to work out really

Dan77

Works fine for me on Firestick. Just have to open the GCN app on mobile to get the 6 digit code for initial setup. Actually worked remarkably easily.

It also shifts seemlessly from app to Firestick.

I have to stay with my daughter until she goes to sleep at night due to her disability so I have regularly been watching it on my phone. Soon as she's asleep I go downstairs and boot GCN+ up on the Firestick and it carries on from where I was at on mobile.

I hate subscribing to things because they all add up so easily but this is actually good value.

Chislenko

Veteran
The whole thing is a tottering pile of poo. I subscribed last year and my subscription doesn't run out until August. I log in via Google and almost everything I click on comes up with:

"Please try again later. For additional help and troubleshooting, please visit https://help.globalcyclingnetwork.com. ERROR CODE: LOAD_FAILED"

This is on three different Android phones and at least two computers using Chrome. I am based in the UK, so it's not a region problem.

I am no expert but wonder if that may be a Chrome issue. I was having issues with Chrome and Windows 10 so changed browser to Bing and it has been ok since. I assume Microsoft own Bing but not Chrome so perhaps a bit of skullduggery on their part to force you to change.

ianbarton

Veteran
I am no expert but wonder if that may be a Chrome issue. I was having issues with Chrome and Windows 10 so changed browser to Bing and it has been ok since. I assume Microsoft own Bing but not Chrome so perhaps a bit of skullduggery on their part to force you to change.
Just tried with Firefox: "There was an error communicating with the server"

ianbarton

Veteran
Works fine for me on Firestick. Just have to open the GCN app on mobile to get the 6 digit code for initial setup. Actually worked remarkably easily.
I have several firesticks. When I try to open a web browser to connect to the authentication site the browser is unable to connect to the site.

ianbarton

Veteran
Sort of solved the problem, but not really! Tried connecting using my phone as a hotspot and it works OK. It is probably something in my firewall which is preventing it from working on a browser or Firetv stick. That is highly suspicious. It may be trying to do something nasty. All other video services work fine with my firewall settings.

I just loaded app onto my Firestick and it asked me to go to gcn.eu/connect and enter code on screen. Did it and loaded up fine and ready for Paris-Nice stage 2 today
image.jpg

gmw492

Veteran
I just loaded app onto my Firestick and it asked me to go to gcn.eu/connect and enter code on screen. Did it and loaded up fine and ready for Paris-Nice stage 2 today
View attachment 577625
Same here downloaded the firestick app, logged on my mobile device , click authorise device, put the code in and no more watching on my iPad , full screen tv viewing 😀

Twilkes

Guru
I signed up for the £20 deal - I doubt I would have paid £40 as I'm not interested in racing or many of the rider/manufacturer docs they're putting up. It's been worth it so far for the Round the World and Africa films, the Longest Descent, and the Colombia content.

Jenny Graham and Simon didn't really have a lot of chemistry on the Andes Adventure one, and I haven't watched 24 Hours In Medellin yet, but Jenny's solo Road To Peace doc was fantastic - really showed how a bicycle can open up a window into other cultures, human geography instead of physical geography if you like, and she's the perfect person to reflect that. Hope they have a lot more content with her.

And I watch it on their desktop player, which they say is 'Beta' and I presume that means 'we can't always get it to work properly but here you go anyway, stop complaining'. :smile:

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Autumn offers have started with British Cycling having a years GCN+ sub for £29.99 available to members until end of Oct. Nicely timed as I am about to end my BT sub.

Top Bottom