Giant contend SL1 disc vs Ribble endurance sl disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Decided on the roadbike?
if you’re truly torn between two and one you can test ride, is local with the support of a good LBS and the other isn’t, I’d go for the former.
Giant make very good alu frames with a lifetime warranty, Planet X use open mould generic frames with a short warranty

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

I’m 99% decided on the Giant. I’m planning on heading to the LBS with my hybrid tomorrow for them to have a look at. Hopefully it’s the right decision but only time will tell I suppose. PX seem very good value but I would still be a bit wary to go with them which I appreciate may be being completely unfair to them.

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

It’s what I do best 🤣

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

Update...Giant SL1 ordered. Collect next week. It was the last in stock. The bike shop bought my hybrid from me so pleased all round.

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

Phoned bike shop. Bike is finally ready however........

They said it came from the factory with a 10 speed right shifter instead of an 11 speed. Giant have told them to fit whatever they had in stock so they’ve put on an ultegra rather then 105. I’m aware that ultegra is an upgrade however will that cause any issues having ultegra on the right and 105 on the left?

I‘m also disappointed and somewhat surprised that Giant allowed the bike to leave the factory with the wrong equipment attached.

Top Bottom