Giant Road E+ 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sight-pin

Veteran
hi i am new to this forum i have had my giant road e for about 1 month now and i love it i have used the hole you are asking about to secure my rear mudguard

Hi @kellis and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the info, Out of interest can i ask what mudguards did you use? think I'll fit a pair now winters almost here.

kellis

i fitted the Bontrager NCS Road Mudguards they retail for about £40 I have used these on other bikes and they are well made and easy to fit

proton666

Saw this a few days ago and kinda laughed (Selle Royal eBike specific seat). Seemed like a classic case of pandering to a niche market. But I put the bike into power mode for the first time today and got that “Sweet Jesus!” moment. I actually did slip right off the back of my seat. May need a closer look.
bmw-selle-royal-e-bike-seat-4.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-23_21-22-45.png
    upload_2017-9-23_21-22-45.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

sight-pin

Veteran
Just looking at the price drop for the 2017 version on the Winstanleys Bikes site (where i purchased my 2016 version from). And i noticed that evidently you can't use the 2017 battery on a 2016 bike or vice versa according to what is being said here>
https://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/81285/Giant_RoadE_1_2017_Electric_Bike
Just wondering if the future supply of the 2016 battery will be very limited?

Edit: From googling about: The 2017 battery has 3 charging pins connection and 5 electrodes bike connection where the 2016 one is 5 charging pins and just 3 electrode bike connection.
I think the latest 2018 bike still has the same connection as 2017.

Last edited:

proton666

From googling about: The 2017 battery has 3 charging pins connection and 5 electrodes bike connection where the 2016 one is 5 charging pins and just 3 electrode bike connection.
I think the latest 2018 bike still has the same connection as 2017.

I have the 2018 version and it also has 3 charging pins connection but 6 electrodes bike connection ( may just be a US market thing ). Sounding like each year may have it's own vintage. I will buy another battery to lay down if the 2019 version is specific to it's year as well.

Last edited:

sight-pin

Veteran
Tyre pressures, I’m on 80psi just wondered what the rest of you are on.

I pump them up to 65psi, I'm only a small guy around the 9 to 9'5 stone mind. Even then i find it a little harsh ride, maybe i should just pump them up to the lowest they say 55lbs.
Found a slow puncture in the rear tyre last week, at least i had just arrived home when i noticed the soft tyre, blasted thorn!

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
I’m 14.5 st I do find it a bit hard on our bumpy roads.
Went out for a couple hrs this morning & caught up with a group of 6 riders taking up the whole road (idiots) we were doing 22mph on the flat then turned off which then had a nice hill, so I followed them for a bit then decided to over take them I was doing 17.5mph & they called me a cheat^_^ .
I replied I only get help to 15mph ^_^!!!!!.

sight-pin

Veteran
^_^.
Going up hills is great now, I ride up the ones i used to avoid as i had to stop 4 or 5 times completely out of breath, I now ride them all in one and not very much out of puff , lol

proton666

yre pressures, I’m on 80psi just wondered what the rest of you are on.

9 stone here too (if my math is correct 130 lbs.). I run about 45 to 50 PSI but it feels like my fillings are rattling loose on rougher roads. May drop it a bit but the Road-e weighs 22+ pounds more than my R3 (effectively making me a 152+ lbs rider.. without the additional muscle mass lol) which I run at about 80psi (on 24mm tires). Kinda worried about going to low. Anyone pinch flat yet?

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
Thinking I might have to give up my bike
It’s back at the shop again due to forks cranking again.
Last few weeks I have had a lot of rattles on bumpy roads & thought it was the rear brake hose going in the down tube.
I fixed that with some fuel hose, went out for a ride & when I get out of the seat riding the noise gets worse.
Stopped the bike & put front brake on & the forks are making the same noise back in my August post when they found no grease was used on assembly.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nmrdybcv26o4cm/Video 24-07-2017, 20 49 14.mov?dl=0
They had the bike back on Sunday & called today saying they have stripped headstock apart & all bearings, shims are fine & when they put it back together it still makes the noise.
There calling giant tomorrow for advise on what to do next.
Is there a weight limit as this is a heavy?..

Last edited:

sight-pin

Veteran
It's not the front disc slipping through the brake pads is it? that can make a similar noise.

Edit: Let me clarify this. I meant when i check for any play in the head, I hold the front brake whilst pushing the bike front and back and get a similar noise to the sound on your video, but if i squeeze the brake quite hard it stops. Just something else to rule out i was thinking.

Last edited:

proton666

Asking the wrong guy about weight, lol. I had a rattle and a cracking issue. My rattle was the power pack (fixed that with so single sided foam tape). The crack, which only happened when out of the saddle, I traced back to the seat post (as bizarre as that sounds). Hope they resolve your issue as we don’t want to lose you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom