Giro del Trentino - SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
the Wiggins of last year didn't spend time in hiding his form from his competitors (since he won every multiple-day race before the Tour in which he started)

I think a large part of that was Sky's plan to get him used to being the leader, having to do all the press stuff etc and extra pressure. I actually think he's climbing better than last year - the reason he is not winning stage races is he hasn't done any with an ITT in them. He skipped Paris-Nice remember, which was the only stage race he had won by this time last year.

tigger

Über Member
Its hard to say isn't it. Wiggin's main aim will not be to lose time to Nibali. If he can deliver a psychological blow then thats all the better I'd guess. With Wiggin's diesel style, I think Nibali is better leaving this right to till the end, so Wiggins doesn't have enough time to claw him back. I think this could be a damaging tactic in the Giro itself with so many bonus seconds on offer.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Wiggo's electronics have let him down - just threw his bike at a wall!

Back on a spare bike and chasing hard...

Nibali off the front with Tiralongo. This is cracking stuff!

raindog

er.....
Too much crap on these latest bikes. Electronic gears are nothing but a breakdown waiting to happen.

Top Bottom