Giro d'Italia 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I asked this earlier in the race and I'll ask it again. Why does Sky's protected rider not have any teamates around him? He is isolated and the outcome this time could cost him a podium place, let alone an outright win.

Still think it's a bit off giving him a 2 minute penalty. Will be interesting to see if every other infringement is now cracked down on.
He was with the rest of the team but at a roundabout he was the only one to take his way round so was instantly isolated when he punctured at that point for a minute or so.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/porte-team-sky-are-fired-up-to-gain-back-time-at-giro-ditalia

The incident happened with just over four kilometres remaining of the stage, meaning that Porte was outside the safety of the three-kilometre rule that prevents riders from losing time if they have a mechanical or are involved in a crash. Porte’s teammates were on the opposite side of the road when it happened. When they finally made it over to help their stricken leader Clarke had already stepped in, unwittingly costing the Team Sky rider more time.

“By the time the guys had got back to me Simon had already stopped and offered me his wheel. It was a spur of the minute thing,” he explained. “Alberto summed it up last night - all you are thinking about when something like that happens is 'how can I make sure I lose the least time possible'. I didn't even give it a thought that it might be breaking the rules. Everything was happening so quickly and I was just acting on adrenaline.”

Roscoe

Veteran
ahhh, that'll be me not having read all the relevant info then.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
The incident happened with just over four kilometres remaining of the stage, meaning that Porte was outside the safety of the three-kilometre rule that prevents riders from losing time if they have a mechanical or are involved in a crash.
Front wheel? Sagan would have just wheelie'd it for a kilometre and then claimed 'time'. :-)

We've seen time and time again that rules aren't there to be strictly adhered to. There's no way this means the rest of the event will be done to the letter.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Another breakaway that's not going to get caught, and is full of riders I nearly picked in the punditry (Intxausti, Hesjedal, Kruiswijk)

:blush:

Top Bottom