Giro d'Italia **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What's the benefit of mounting the rear brake underneath the bottom bracket?
In the real world that would just get clogged up with road muck.

Aeros!

Wouldn't get any more clogged up than in a normal mounting position IMO.

I may have missed something while I was out of the country but wasn't Cataldo supposed to be Sky's GC contender?
I thought so too but he had a couple of crap stages and would be doing better if not for them, though I can't remember which ones they were.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Astonishing performance by Aru - could even get him second overall if Uran is still suffering a bit from the bronchitis. Incidentally, not bad by the other Henao, a few places down.

Rolland definitely off the podium...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
fark me, Quintana is going even quicker than Aru! Finishes 17 seconds faster. Damn. Uran just holds on the second overall, good performance by him in the circumstances.

Well that TT performance by Quintana should put the gags on those still moaning about the Stelvio stage. However, the full on pink toe to helmet is a bit much, he looks like some Tiajauna night fighter in that get up, and those ridiculous pink Boy Wonder bootees, crissakes....

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
So we go into the Zoncolan stage with the GC winner all but wrapped up. Something of a diamond this will be but only in the context of the stage itself and minor GC placings now. I wouldn't have felt it worth pointing this out but for the remarks above, but had RCS not screwed up the Stelvio stage, Quintana's advantage probably would have still been within striking distance of Uran on paper and there'd be a mighty battle for the millions watching on TV this weekend deciding the GC...

I can't see Uran holding 2nd place today, if he does it'll be a mighty ride but I reckon Aru has the bit between his teeth, though he was a little anonymous after his last good stage until the TT, maybe that took a lot out of him.

Top Bottom