Giro d'Italia *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
A bit of naughty handbag swinging there. :laugh:

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I had similar thoughts. He is on RAI at the moment complaining at length (I think, as my italian is poor) about the decision. Personally, I think he was lucky to keep 3rd.

Me too. He took the wrong line, and tried to come up the inside where there was no space. He had no right to push the Ullissi out of the way at all. And it wasn't just a shoulder, it was a full blown shove that could have taken the lad down. If he wasn't the Italian champion he would have had a much more severe penalty.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Nibali's a fighter so I wouldn't be surprised if he tries. Going to be alot of knackered riders this week though.
Today's TT profile!

stage_16_profile_600.jpg

What was the result of the TT?

I set sky to record it and it ruddy well recorded tennis even though it says cycling on the planner, gutted :angry:

I have to watch all the the cycling as highlights as my tv viewing rights are below the kids and the wifes ............

Keith Oates

Janner
What was the result of the TT?

I set sky to record it and it ruddy well recorded tennis even though it says cycling on the planner, gutted :angry:

I have to watch all the the cycling as highlights as my tv viewing rights are below the kids and the wifes ............

Here you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Full Results1Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Saxo Bank Sungard0:28:55 2Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale0:00:34 3Michele Scarponi (Ita) Lampre - ISD0:00:38 4José Rujano Guillen (Ven) Androni Giocattoli0:00:39 5Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Acqua & Sapone0:00:46

Keith Oates

Janner
You don't work for the UCI do you Keith ;)

Does anybody actually WORK or them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigger

Über Member
Me too. He took the wrong line, and tried to come up the inside where there was no space. He had no right to push the Ullissi out of the way at all. And it wasn't just a shoulder, it was a full blown shove that could have taken the lad down. If he wasn't the Italian champion he would have had a much more severe penalty.

I'm not sure what I make of the situation myself. For sure Visconti is wrong to use his hands but I do believe Ullissi did box him in. Look at the replay in slow mo just at the point where Visconti comes off Ullissi's wheel and inside. There wasn't much of a gap but Ullissi definitely moves a good metre towards the barrier. I think he would have felt Visconti coming and knew he was there. So I think it was a very sneaky block despite Visconti being a bit ambitious with that gap. I'd have down graded them both maybe. Ullissi for a block and Visconti for the use of hands.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Nice touch by Contador with another show of strength at the end but gifting the win to Tiralongo.

It's all looking very easy for Contador. If he's clean, he is simply the rider of his generation, no doubt about it. Almost every day, it seems, he is able to decide who wins the stage.

Top Bottom